To forget this device, first disconnect it from your home network

Mogal
Grasshopper

So how is this done?

How do you kick (and remove) a device off your network?

Option is greyed out, says I have to remove from network first?

How do I do this when I do not have access to the device in question?

I just spent an hour with tech support and they could not help.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Hi all, I just got the latest modem and suddenly there se...

arzoo1
Grasshopper

Hi all, I just got the latest modem and suddenly there seems to be 19 other users who are on our gateway ?  I have changed passwords but they still seem to be on. I have paused them all and now cannot get device to forget them. 

0 Kudos

I would do a factory reset to clear it out.

rstra
Grand Master

@arzoo1 

I would do a factory reset to clear it out. 

0 Kudos

RSTRA - Thanks for your prompt response.  I spent over an...

arzoo1
Grasshopper

RSTRA - Thanks for your prompt response. 

I spent over and hour (no kidding!) on the phone with their help desk.

Factory reset didn't work so a technician has been booked to come and replace the new router we got. 

That does not explain the many devices that are automatically connecting to our "gateway" even though passwords have been changed. I cannot boot them out so having to monitor the account and pausing them all. I must have done 19 so far!!!!!

What is going on?  

0 Kudos

It is almost as if the Shaw warehouse didn’t properly cle...

rstra
Grand Master

@arzoo1 

It is almost as if the Shaw warehouse didn’t properly clear out the device before redeploying. You could try forgetting forgetting the devices.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-personalize-and-manage-devices-with-bluecurve-ho...

--  there seems to be 19 other users who are on our gatew...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@arzoo1 --  there seems to be 19 other users who are on our gateway

That is weird.  Do you live in a MURB (Multiple Unit Residential Building) where there are NINETEEN other WiFi devices that are physically close-enough to your device to have the signal-strength to logon ?

Can you use the "Windows Snipping Tool" to capture an image of the list of those devices?

Do all those devices show "strong" signal-strength?

Are you using the BlueCurve modem, that uses WiFi to connect to Shaw's remote boxes (physically connected to a TV in a different room in your home) ?  Are some of those networks being shown in the list that you see?

0 Kudos

Good day to you Rstra (Grand master) and others, Engineer...

arzoo1
Grasshopper

Good day to you Rstra (Grand master) and others,

Engineer had to come home to resolve the issue,

1) You were correct that we were given a used device. Even then the interface was very different to what it is now. Negative experience made good within 24 hours. 

2) Was informed factory reset button has to be kept pressed for a full 1.5 minutes before it works. Help line did NOT mention this.

3) New problem - My macbook cannot find my Brother printer via wifi or airplay. Shaw Blue curve also cannot "see" the printer even though the printer wifi button is blinking away, searching to connect to a network. Have reset printer... no luck. Rebooted both items.... no luck. 

I have tried and searched online but no luck. Previous routers have connected seamlessly but this one problematic. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Clarification - we were given a NEW router

arzoo1
Grasshopper

Clarification - we were given a NEW router

0 Kudos

You need to connect the printer to the new wireless netwo...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help