Jump to solution

Transfer email address from one Shaw account to another Shaw account

kyelle
Grasshopper

Hello,

I would like to transfer five email addresses from one Shaw account to another Shaw account. I am currently managing both accounts. Please advise the procedure.

Thanks,

Kevin

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Transfer email address from one Shaw account to another Shaw account

shaw-tamara

Hi kyelle 

You will need to get in touch with customer service directly to have this done. If you are the account holder for both accounts, they should be able to transfer them for you right away. However, if either account is in another name, you will need to get the primary account holder to contact us to give their permission to move the emails.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Transfer email address from one Shaw account to another Shaw account

shaw-tamara

Hi kyelle 

You will need to get in touch with customer service directly to have this done. If you are the account holder for both accounts, they should be able to transfer them for you right away. However, if either account is in another name, you will need to get the primary account holder to contact us to give their permission to move the emails.

Jump to solution

Transfer a shaw email address from 1 shaw account to another

JimSwanson
Grasshopper

I understand that both primary account holders have to give permission for the transfer. I have a couple of questions re the transfer. Do I have to create a email address as the receiver of the transfer? Or will you create the email address? Also, will all of the files currently residing in the email address be transferred?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

>  Do I have to create a email address as the receiver of...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  Do I have to create a email address as the receiver of the transfer?

No. E-mail IDs are unique among Shaw customers.  So, you cannot create an ID within your Shaw account, if the same ID already exists within another Shaw account.

> Or will you create the email address?

No. You have already created it.  You're just asking the ID to be associated with a different Shaw account.

> Also, will all of the files currently residing in the email address be transferred?

Hopefully, changing the "ownership" to a different Shaw account will not cause the deletion of the E-mail messages.

If you delete the ID from one Shaw account, you will delete all its files.  But, that is not part of the "transfer" process.

TALK TO US
We're here to help