SOLUTION!!! Well kind of... I finally got an answer from...

cjf186
Grasshopper

SOLUTION!!! Well kind of...

I finally got an answer from Shaw about not being able to add attachments in Shaw Webmail on an android phone or tablet. 

Here is their reply:

For webmail not having attachments on android and iPhone’s this isn’t something that we can fix unfortunately. This is the limitations of the program not allowing us to do this. The attachment portion of webmail only work on computers.

Well that is not very useful for people who don't have a computer and only use a tablet.

Great work Shaw.....NOT!!!

0 Kudos

That is simply not true. Whether I use the GMail app on m...

madmadrian
Grasshopper

That is simply not true. Whether I use the GMail app on my phone or if I use a browser on my phone and go to Google's webmail site, I can write a new message and attach a file to it just fine.  I just did this and checked my email on my computer to make sure it was true. SHAW is the problem here and I don't think they have any intentions of fixing it.

0 Kudos

-- For webmail not having attachments on Android and iPho...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@madmadrian -- For webmail not having attachments on Android and iPhones, this isn’t something that we can fix

I think that the author of that statement was referring to the Shaw WebMail web-site, not the GMail web-site that you are using.

On my iPhone, within Shaw WebMail, I see: Copyright (c) 2005-2019 Synacor, Inc. All rights reserved. "Zimbra" is a registered trademark of Synacor, Inc.

So, I doubt that Shaw can "fix" the Zimbra software -- it is probable that only Synacor can do so.

0 Kudos

I just tested and can attach files in Webmail on iOS, but...

rstra
Grand Master

@madmadrian @cjf186 

I just tested and can attach files in Webmail on iOS, but really, just use an email client and save yourself the grief. 

0 Kudos

Do you have a screenshot of where to tap to be able to ad...

madmadrian
Grasshopper

Do you have a screenshot of where to tap to be able to add an attachment? I still can not add an attachment using Shaw webmail on iOS.

0 Kudos

Agreed.  My point was that adding attachments is not impo...

madmadrian
Grasshopper

Agreed.  My point was that adding attachments is not impossible with webmail services in general, but it is with Shaw Webmail.  Shaw needs to update their webmail client to one that has the ability to add attachments as well as other more modern features.

0 Kudos

rstra
Grand Master

This is what the mobile version looks like on iOS. There’...

madmadrian
Grasshopper

This is what the mobile version looks like on iOS. There’s no way to add an attachment from here. This is what needs to be updated/fixed.

IMG_0761.jpeg

0 Kudos

My screenshot is iOS. Just setup the IOS mail client.

rstra
Grand Master

@madmadrian  My screenshot is iOS. Just setup the IOS mail client.

0 Kudos

<banging head against wall>

madmadrian
Grasshopper

<banging head against wall>

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help