on my phone yes on my laptop no

Dynamite2021
Grasshopper

on my phone yes on my laptop no

0 Kudos

yes, on both. I've had a hard time getting onto e-mail fo...

cwilbur
Grasshopper

yes, on both. I've had a hard time getting onto e-mail for quite some time now.

0 Kudos

I am so frustrated with SHAWMAIL cuz I'm constantly havin...

Netcarr
Grasshopper

I am so frustrated with SHAWMAIL cuz I'm constantly having to CLEAR MY BROWSING DATA everyday. I'm looking into switch to BELL or TELUS. for all my internet, TV and cellphone services.

0 Kudos

-- have you tried using the built-in "MAIL" apps (iPhone...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Netcarr -- have you tried using the built-in "MAIL" apps (iPhone or Windows 10/11) rather than using Shaw WebMail?  That would bypass the issue with receiving the message "unable to communicate with server". This seems more simple than changing service providers.

Note that if you have a two-year Value Plan with Shaw, there is a $20/month cancellation fee, for each month remaining in your contract, after you choose to cancel.  Ouch! 

In the past, Telus has offered to pay that cancellation fee, if you sign-up with them. Ask TELUS if that offer is still available.  Of course, if you do sign-up with TELUS, you should get promotional rates for the first 12 months, and then their standard rates for the following 12 months.  🙂

0 Kudos

i have the same problem

paulbritton
Grasshopper

i have the same problem

0 Kudos

-- have you tried all the suggestions in the many pages o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@paulbritton -- have you tried all the suggestions in the many pages of this thread?

0 Kudos

Just had a chat with someone from shaw about this and i g...

waylon69
Grasshopper

Just had a chat with someone from shaw about this and i got the old it`s your browser , you have to clear cookies and all sorts of other stuff yadayadayada . It happens in chrome , it happens with firefox and it happens with ms browser  . If it was a browser problem i think i would be having problems with more sites and i`m not just their pos web mail

0 Kudos

-- do you have any problems using the MAIL app (on your A...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@waylon69 -- do you have any problems using the MAIL app (on your Apple device or your Windows 10 system) ?  Like Shaw WebMail, the MAIL app is an IMAP client that leaves your messages on Shaw's server, to allow access to the same messages from your multiple devices.

0 Kudos

I have been tolerating the same thing on my laptop, does...

frustrated
Grasshopper

I have been tolerating the same thing on my laptop, does not matter what browser, and it's a new router from Shaw.  It used to be after two tries it would communicate but it is definitely worse now.   This never happened until Roger's took over - now system overload and they do not want to admit it?  Something is strange.  If using an email service like Outlook, one would never be any the wiser this was happening in the background.  Just when signing onto https://webmail.shaw.ca/    Way way worse, not getting better.

0 Kudos

wrote: This never happened until Rogers took over I disa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@frustrated wrote: This never happened until Rogers took over

I disagree. 

I doubt that Rogers changed anything with the Shaw mail-servers and network infrastructure, since April 2, 2023.  Only a fool (think "ex-Twitter") would buy such a large system, and immediately start making changes -- "if you have not broken it, you're not trying hard enough" or "if it ain't broke, don't touch it".

There have been many posts, since mid-2022, about this issue, within this discussion forum.  

now system overload

In the second half of 2023, it seems that Shaw upgraded their authentication server (when it receives ID/password information from the WebMail server, it responds Valid or Incorrect) which seemed to improve the system's reliability.

It is not your Shaw router. It is not the web-browser(s) that you use. It's not the speed of your Internet connection.  It's not the speed of your computer.

and they do not want to admit it? 

Idle speculation and/or uninformed rumour ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help