Unable to port forward

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

I have been trying to forward a port for a server pc.  In the blue curve app it shows the pc as a connected device but when I go to the port forward section it's not listed in there.  I tried disabling ipv6 so that it's just using ipv4 but that still didn't work.  It shows some previous forwarded ports on that pc but every time I try to updated it it gives me an error message "we're having some trouble. Please try again".  I dunno what to do.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

-- drastic bypass: do a "factory reset" on your cable-mod...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MysticMoose -- drastic bypass: do a "factory reset" on your cable-modem, and then re-do all of your port-forwarding rules.

0 Kudos

Just tried that and it changed nothing

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

Just tried that and it changed nothing

0 Kudos

-- a complete "factory reset" should have cleared everyth...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MysticMoose -- a complete "factory reset" should have cleared everything, including your port-forwarding configuration.

0 Kudos

I used a paperclip and press the little button in the hol...

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

I used a paperclip and press the little button in the hole on the back of the modem.  The modem cycled and started back up.  No change.  I'll try again today

0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.  The modem did a proper factory rese...

MysticMoose
Grasshopper

@mdk  Thanks for the help.  The modem did a proper factory reset this time.  I was still able to see the previous forwarded ports but this time it allowed me to edit, add and delete them.

I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help