gfcisme
Grasshopper

cannot use server mail.shaw.ca

Labels (1)
11 Replies

Re: unable to send an Email. Get rejected with "cannot use server mail.shaw.ca

shaw-tony

Hey gfcisme,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any other reports of issues with that outgoing email server. If you are setting up your email address under POP/IMAP that outgoing server should still work. If you are using the newer ActiveSync, you will need to use wm.shaw.ca. You can find more details on how to set up your email address here. If the problem persists, feel free to contact our technical support members for further assistance. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

gfcisme
Grasshopper

I am still having trouble. Since i was asked to delete my Email account (**Mod removed private information**) i cannot even add new account as a replacement. When it tries shaw server says cannot verify name or password.

This does not make sense because i am starting to add a new account and i cannot see why it is doing this because the account does not exist.

I you need to send me Email try **Mod removed private information**

Gerry

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

gfcisme that is very odd. The Shaw email address you provide looks to be active with no issues. Are you able to access your email through webmail here? If your device has no records of the email, then it should be able to add it with no issues. If you are able to login to webmail on a browser, it may be an issue with your email client. At that point, I'd recommend touching base with the third party client support with the contacts here. Let me know how it goes!

My message is rejected by the server especially through m...

RC08
Grasshopper

My message is rejected by the server especially through my iPhone

0 Kudos

are you using POP or IMAP settings? Are you still able to...

shaw-tony

@RC08 are you using POP or IMAP settings? Are you still able to receive emails?

0 Kudos

I am not very technologically inclined. He is the issue:...

RC08
Grasshopper

I am not very technologically inclined.

He is the issue: when trying to send emails form my iPhone i get message that can't connect to server.

Thought maybe I needed to clean out my webmail messages so did so and that seemed to resolve message being undelivered. I tried a test from computer to iPhone and from iphone to computer. Both are going through so maybe the issue is resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos

> My message is rejected by the server especially through...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> My message is rejected by the server especially through my iPhone.

Was your iPhone using your cell-phone "data" plan to connect to the Internet, or was your iPhone connected to your home WiFi network?

If the former, then it makes sense that the connection from "outside" of Shaw's network to Shaw's mail-server would be rejected, because that is what some "spammers" (when connected on other networks) attempt to do, to get their E-mail accepted and delivered to their victims.

So, tell us more about the configuration of E-mail "servers" on your iPhone settings.

0 Kudos

Thankfully I have numerous email accounts because my shaw...

Apalla
Grasshopper

Thankfully I have numerous email accounts because my shaw account only will send emails to other shaw.ca accounts..this has been the case for a few months..Shaw is as usual supplying useless info to people..just use another server..thay will keep you running around and ask stupid questions..'Is it on the correct 'outgoing' settings...DUH!..it worked for 7 years ..so reallY?

0 Kudos

>  my shaw account only will send emails to other shaw.ca...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  my shaw account only will send emails to other shaw.ca accounts.

Weird.

Exactly what error-message do you get when you try to send?

Is your device connected via Ethernet cable to your Shaw modem? Connected via WiFi to your Shaw modem? Connected via cellular data to a cell-phone tower?

If you take your device to a "public" place, where the "ShawOpen" and/or "ShawGo" WiFi networks are available, disable your "cell" access, and you connect, can you send?

TALK TO US
We're here to help