unusual problem telephone support doesnt know why

ttodd0450
Grasshopper

I have Shaw bluecurve ( account)  with 'built in'  Prime/ Netflicks / Disney Plus  and Apple Plus ( I also  have partamount plus too seperate ap ).,,   all these streaming sites ( excpet prime)  can display 1080p ( or 1080p60) as my device manager within my remote control under device settings is set at.

I can watch anything on my 65 inch Samsung TV model# QN65Q70A  and everything is displayed in 1080p (when applicable) and the picture is great !.

Now my issue: -  I have 4 ways I can watch Prime.. my cellphone ap plus 14 /  My amazon firestick ./ my built in ap thru my samsung Tv  or...... Shaw Bluecurve itself  .. Problem is - only Shaw gives my picture resolutioon for Prime only at about 720p  and sometimes drrifts down to 480p  and heavens forbid for a couple of seconds -240p  & then quickly  back to 480p  then back to 720p  ....  but never 1080p .

My other TV channels  including ABC  or Global or CBC or CTV..  etc etc etc  gives me 1080p.. BUT Prime thru the Shaw ap is only delivering 720p.. and like I state only on the supplied  shaw ap.  I  get so frustrated at times I log out of the Shaw ap  and go into my TV ap to receive Prime at 1080p .. Huge differance !!.,,  and keep in mind I'm only takking about Prime not Netflicks  or Disney Plus etc  they are fine and stream at 1080p .

Why?  I believe the team/folks at Shaw in the tech dept would have to reboot their own ap device for us to enjoy in 1080p  ..

And It can't be my own 1 month old new router which I have rebooted/ unplugged and is onlt 1 foot away from my TV ,    because the picture ./ movies (1080p on Prime)  is fine on my other said devices which use the same router for the streaming ..

Now am I the only one to see and report this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

-- have you looked at the Video streaming quality section...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help