Value Plan Renewal Price

robthomas
Grasshopper

My 2-Year Value Plan (for Internet 300 only) expires on June 19th. According to my most recent statement, I am currently paying $113/month less a promotional discount of $28.10/month or $84.90 per month. I would like to renew my contract but am not able to find any information on the Shaw web site that relates to what is price is available to existing Shaw customers renewing their contracts. Everything seems to be geared to promotions for new customers!

I certainly do not wish to be charged $113 per month or the regular month-to-month price (whatever that is) when my existing contract expires so I would like to arrange for a new Shaw contract before the existing one expires. Alternatively, if the renewal price is more than I can afford, I want some time to make arrangements with another service provider before my Shaw contract expires.  I don't want to change my Shaw cable or personal phone plans.

Will Shaw be contacting me before June 19th with a renewal offer? Can I renew online? What is the renewal price for Internet 300 Unlimited for existing Shaw customers under a 2-year plan for internet only?

16 Replies

Re: Value Plan Renewal Price

cpmrich36
Grasshopper
0 Kudos

robthomas
Grasshopper

Thanks for this link but according to the fine print this offer is for "new customers" only. If I could get these prices in a new 2-year contract I'd sign up in a second! 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi  

You will need to speak with an agent to renew your Value Plan, but you can do this online either through our chat team, or via social media. Our existing customer offers change frequently so the rate will depend on what we have available when you renew - your best bet is to contact an agent to go over your package and they can let you know what the costs would be. It's possible to renew it before it ends, so you don't need to wait until June to check in with us. You can find the contact info on https://shaw.ca/contact-us/ 

0 Kudos

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

If you tell them that I'm leaving for telus.   They will renegotiate a new price.   Hope they give you a deal of some sort.  

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

I will be in the same boat next month. All my promotions expire. I have all the latest Shaw gear and I have been very happy with Blue Sky and Internet 600 and phone, so really all I have to do is get the best package rate going forward. I was advised to wait till next month and there are always good rates for re-signing. 

It would not work.. they dont even give a **bleep** about your...

Gastown
Grasshopper

It would not work.. they dont even give a **bleep** about your long term commitment with shaw. Dont waiting your time on chat line or phone line. Just go with other company after contract is over. They will serve you better cause they want you as new customer. Shaw would not give you a deal. All the shaw's deals online is for new customers , not for existing  customers.  

I can't get a agent to talk to me..

ericroeske
Grasshopper

I can't get a agent to talk to me..

0 Kudos

the fastest way to reach us is through chat or social med...

shaw-tony

@ericroeske the fastest way to reach us is through chat or social media. You can find our contacts here.

0 Kudos

You are absolutely right. If I sign up as a new  customer...

jimdougl
Grasshopper

You are absolutely right. If I sign up as a new  customer my rate is $109/mo but being a 20yr customer, I am not eligible and the price is $159/mo . It's BS that I have to go through  the hoops to be rewarded while one's with no loyalty get the breaks .

TALK TO US
We're here to help