Wait times and No support

clsmith
Grasshopper

Does anyone know how to make a formal complaint to someone at Shaw who can do anything besides say I am sorry I am sorry and yet have no ability to fix it.

I feel for the customer support people who get all the flack for a obviously understaffed and under supported  company. I waited 2 hours this morning for a technician to show up at my house and then waited a total of 5.5 hours on hold today and 1.5 hours of phone time with 3 different staff who were able to really do nothing for me. 

I think it is unacceptable of Shaw to provide this kind of customer support to the people who paid to build this company. I have been a customer for over 30 years and they have gone through times of bad customer support, but never to this level. It just shows to me that the people running Shaw do not care about the customers and have lost sight of running a ethical company.

I am spitting mad.

Labels (1)
12 Replies

I appreciate your long-standing business and apologies fo...

shaw-tony

@clsmith I appreciate your long-standing business and apologies for the poor experience. We definitely want to ensure your services are working as expected. If you are still having trouble getting connected, I'd be happy to take a further look.

0 Kudos

i am on hold now going on 3 hours. one hour on chat app -...

Romeosgirl
Grasshopper

i am on hold now going on 3 hours. one hour on chat app - nobody came. now 2.5 hours on telephone it said 25 min wait and it is 2 hours and 45 minutes. with the thousands of employees they have and not one person answering the phone or chatting! credit card companies and the government are easier to talk to. If i ever get through I am cancelling!!!!! They should refund our bill for waiting!

0 Kudos

Campbell River-rites are eternally grateful for Shaw’s de...

marcocosta
Grasshopper

Campbell River-rites are eternally grateful for Shaw’s decision to shut down the inept office in their community which offers little help or technical support. Shaw has increased all of its pricing effective June 1, 2020 Gouging its Clients during difficult economic Crisis!

-- you may wish to time your call to when most Shaw custo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Romeosgirl -- you may wish to time your call to when most Shaw customers in Western Canada are asleep, e.g., after 11 PM Pacific.

Your telephone-call will be routed to a Shaw 24/7 call-centre in Central or Maritime Canada.  This has worked very well for me.

I do not think that Shaw employees have been designated as "essential services", unlike grocery stores and gas stations. Obviously, some of Shaw's employees have "self-isolated", while the COVID-19 pandemic is active. Every day, Prime Minister Trudeau, at his press conference, tells Canadians to "stay home".

0 Kudos

> Campbell River-rites are eternally grateful for Shaw’s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> Campbell River-rites are eternally grateful for Shaw’s decision to shut down the ... office in their community

Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, Shaw has temporarily closed all of its "retail" store-fronts. There is nothing "special" about Campbell River, except for having almost as good fishing as Port Alberni.  🙂

> Shaw has increased all of its pricing effective June 1, 2020

My Shaw invoice, dated March 1, 2020, announced the price-increase -- before this "difficult economic crisis" became evident.

I have helped some friends on a "month-to-month" Shaw plan switch to a "two-year Value Plan", which guarantees no price-increases during those two years, and upgraded their Internet from "Internet 15" to "Internet 300". Also, for them, their the monthly cost was $1 less than what they previously were paying. We did not talk to "Shaw Loyalty" about getting other adjustments.

0 Kudos

Our bad for the long waits. With everything going on curr...

shaw-tony

@Romeosgirl Our bad for the long waits. With everything going on currently, we're a little behind so your patience is very much appreciated! 

@marcocosta We understand you have a lot on your mind. We’ve decided to postpone the rate adjustment that was planned to take effect on June 1. More info at https://bit.ly/3dnXr5M.

0 Kudos

I cannot believe it!  I go back to the VideoTron days as...

DrummingMan
Grasshopper

I cannot believe it!  I go back to the VideoTron days as a client!  I have a Big Gig plan with Freedom Mobile, owned by SHAW.  I have never had any issues renewing my plan with discounts maintained. last time, they gave me that Piece  of **bleep**e  blue curve modem for free, which I now regret returning due to poor legacy support for N devices. This time, $96 for wide open 300plus $10 per month for blue curve modem and $10 each for nodes that increase the range of that piece of crap! $76 for wide closed 50!  I want that right? $40.00  for home phone.  I asked the rep to be transferred to the Loyalty department as I know that front line staff can't do much.  This time the sales rep said: "I am the loyalty department" He offered me a bill credit of up to $100 to sign the two year agreement which equates to $4 buck per month.  The ignorance and condescension I experienced    prompted me to write this reply!  Needless to say, I thanked the rep and told him I will be exploring other options since Telus  is gunning for my business and I am wired for gigabit fiber!  I should have known that brand loyalty is stupid on my part and now SHAW has proven this to be absolutely true! Thanks for runing my day during these tough times SHAW!        

0 Kudos

- Telus is gunning for my business and I am wired for gig...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DrummingMan - Telus is gunning for my business and I am wired for gigabit fiber! 

Wired all the way "into" your home, or just to a demarcation box on the outside of your house?

During COVID-19, it could be a long while before Telus allows its service technicians to enter your home, to wire-up the "last-mile" (terminating its fiber cable into the Telus modem/router).

Could you ask Shaw to replace the BlueCurve by a Hitron cable-modem/router, and a Gateway PVR? Both devices are working well for me. The Gateway supports auxiliary "pods" (traffic over your existing inside-the-walls coaxial-cables) to enable a TV in a different room.  These "pods" do NOT use WiFi, in contrast to the BlueCurve pods.

0 Kudos

Perhaps I did not express myself adequately enough!  I ha...

DrummingMan
Grasshopper

Perhaps I did not express myself adequately enough!  I had theBlue Curve for free a year ago but exchanged it back for the Hitron as stated above.  Yes!  covid will make the work difficult.  Just like the difficulty   I experienced during last night's phone call.  Pre-Covid or not, shaw is now pandering to the losers who bought shares in the company and not FOCUSING on keeping their long-time loyal customers!  It appears they would rather lose my reliable custom for up selling and the nickel and dime approach to existing customers. I'll make a deal with Telus and if Shaw won't match?  **bleep**em!  I would not even be writing here if the rep I talked to last night could not: 1, transfer me to Retentions.  2, Cut me a deal at a moderate increase to maintain my business! 3, Try to charge monthly rent for a modem that sucks! NOTE! I only have Wide Open 300 and home phone!  NO TV!  thanks for your reply Mr. SYS-OP!       

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help