Wait times

Billsta
Grasshopper

I have been on hold with Shaw for over 12hrs over the last two days. I need to disconnect my service but the only way is over the phone since all main stores are closed due to corona virus isolation. I am being forced to pay for a service I no longer want because Shaw doesn’t have a phone short cut for service cancellations. I am in line with hundreds of people that are probably having technical difficulties, and I need a 2 minute phone service to cancel. This is the worst service I have ever experienced with any service ever. I understand they are transitioning workers to home or whatever but there are many ways that this could be handled better. I was in a thirty minute wait over four and half hours ago. Still waiting... 

Labels (1)
13 Replies

I am very sorry for the long waits. With everything going...

shaw-tony

@Billsta I am very sorry for the long waits. With everything going on currently, we're a little behind so your patience is very much appreciated! Our teams are doing their best in responding to everyone as quickly as possible.

0 Kudos

It's November 20, 2020 and I have been waiting for Shaw T...

bowahliu
Grasshopper

It's November 20, 2020 and I have been waiting for Shaw Tech Support for 3 hours and still waiting, that's crazy !!!!!!! I called around 7:30pm and it's 10:30pm AND STILL WAITING, THAT'S CRAZY FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find that the chat option gets answered pretty quick

rstra
Grand Master

I find that the chat option gets answered pretty quick 

-- It's November 20, 2020 Tell us the outcome of the BC...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bowahliu -- It's November 20, 2020

Tell us the outcome of the BC provincial election about 4 weeks ago, and the outcome of the USA elections in early November. I would like to lay a bet, with your knowledge.  🙂

I have been waiting for Shaw Tech Support for 3 hours and still waiting

While on hold, did you hear a pre-recorded message that Shaw is giving priority to online chat?

My experience that I get connected to a live Shaw agent within 5 minutes of opening an online chat session.

Hint: call late in the evening, and your telephone call will get routed to a Shaw call-centre in Ontario, or in the Maritimes, where the agents usually immediately answer.

0 Kudos

Same here, Chat was answered within about 5 minutes both...

GeoPro1
Grasshopper

Same here, Chat was answered within about 5 minutes both times I contacted Shaw in the last few weeks, and I was able to cancel internet service on Chat without phoning Shaw.

Minor issues: it never seems easy to get to the actual chat with an agent function as opposed to being diverted to computer help from a database. And there's no way to save a chat transcript, which you might want to confirm the details of offers or instructions.

0 Kudos

-- there's no way to save a chat transcript On a Windows...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GeoPro1 -- there's no way to save a chat transcript

On a Windows computer, click (left-button) anywhere in that "chat" window.

Click (RIGHT-button) and choose "Select All" to highlight the whole area.

Click (RIGHT-button) and choose "Copy" (to the Windows "clipboard").

Open some app, e.g., NOTEPAD or WORDPAD or Microsoft Word.

Click "Edit". Click "Paste".

Click "Save As".

Probably, something similar for MacOS.

QED.

-- it never seems easy to get to the actual chat with an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GeoPro1 -- it never seems easy to get to the actual chat with an agent 

Have you tried typing the word AGENT ?

Yes, I think that's what I did last time - I typed Agent...

GeoPro1
Grasshopper

Yes, I think that's what I did last time - I typed Agent a couple of times, and I think after the 2nd time it put me on the queue for a live agent.

0 Kudos

Hi  , yes that is the way to go with the Chat bot.  I had...

g-idk
Master

Hi @GeoPro1 , yes that is the way to go with the Chat bot.  I had put a post on here earlier about shortcutting the bot by typing either rep or agent and usually by the 2nd try it will queue you for the agent.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help