Weather Channel

Brianpenner
Grasshopper
  • Hi
    I am long time shaw customer 40 yrs plus.
    I am writing to voice my displeasure with the new weather network station ( about 2 years ago) that shaw is providing me with.
    The station provides me with weather info on a total of 4 community's.
    I live in kamloops and I am shown 100 mile house Williams lake and Lillouwet That's it . Approximately 200 mile distance from kamloops most to the north.
    The old station (British Columbia edition) provided me the whole of BC. This newer one is more of a regional one that only benefits me if I am interested in just those few towns. Who wouldn't want to know the weather in all of BC?
    Please provide me with the weather network that was on shaw previously.

I have spoken with the weather Channel and they have assured me that it's a issue to be taken up with provider. I have had numerous conversations with Shaw representatives on this issue without a result. Please help.

Thank you
Brian Penner

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

This is likely a Weather Network issue, they provide the...

rstra
Grand Master

@Brianpenner  This is likely a Weather Network issue, they provide the content and are now just showing your regional cities. If you have Ignite TV, there is a Weather Network app that is more configurable. 

You could also try contacting Rogers through Your Voice, to let them know.

https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/your-voice

0 Kudos

I have been told by weather Channel that providers have o...

Brianpenner
Grasshopper

I have been told by weather Channel that providers have options on which edition they want to provide to their customers and how many channels they want to provide. Shaw has apparently decided this regional Channel is the only one they will provide us while Telus has decided to continue with the British Columbia edition. This regional one is inadequate. 

• I would sure like to hear from others on this topic 
0 Kudos