Webmail not handling attachments

quikpik
Grasshopper

I cannot seem to add attachments to an email. I get the message "A client error occurred. Please try again. Close" I used to be able to add no problem so what changed?

Labels (1)
12 Replies

-- near the bottom of the Shaw WebMail window shows the p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@quikpik -- near the bottom of the Shaw WebMail window shows the percentage of your 1 GB "quota" of space. Are you getting close to 100% ? How large is the attachment?

Also, move the mouse-pointer over the name of one of the folder-names, and let it "hover" until a pop-up shows: 123 files occupying 456 MB.

Delete everything from your "Trash" folder.

0 Kudos

I am at 823.5 MB of 1000MB. I have been cleaning out my e...

quikpik
Grasshopper

I am at 823.5 MB of 1000MB. I have been cleaning out my email already and trash is empty. The "quota" is just too small.

0 Kudos

-- within WebMail, sort the "inbox" by the size of each m...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@quikpik -- within WebMail, sort the "inbox" by the size of each message. Open the largest E-mail message that has an attachment. Download the attachment to your computer's disk-drive. Click to "remove" the attachment. Close the E-mail message. The size of the message has now significantly shrunk -- probably down to about 1000 bytes.

0 Kudos

Hi  just wanted to mention this also about email attachme...

g-idk
Master

Hi @quikpik just wanted to mention this also about email attachments with Shaw. 

What is the largest email message that I can send/receive?

The maximum email size sent or received, attachments included, is 20MB. The maximum file size for an individual attachment, in Webmail, is 5MB.   Hope this helps. 

I can't sent emails as the recipients come back saying no...

Ww1
Grasshopper

I can't sent emails as the recipients come back saying nothing to open,no video, nothing attached? 

0 Kudos

-- nothing to open Look into your "Sent" folder. If you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Ww1 -- nothing to open

1. Look into your "Sent" folder. If you open the message, does it show your attachment?
  2. What E-mail program(s) are the recipient(s) using? It could be "their" problem.
  3. If the recipients are not using a WebMail client, can they try using such a client, to see if it shows the attachment?
  4. Do all the recipients work at the same business? That business might have a policy to block all attachments, just to be cautious about "ransomware" inside an attachment.

I have this problem too. My Shaw webmail account is set u...

Pus
Grasshopper

I have this problem too. My Shaw webmail account is set up as IMAP. Would this problem be solved by setting up the account as POP3 in MS Outlook as that would mean the email notes would be downloaded from the Shaw server to my PC. Am I correct in thinking that this would mean there would be no quota as all the email would be stored on the hard drive of my PC?

0 Kudos

While using POP3, your email client downloads a copy of a...

shaw-daniel

@Pus While using POP3, your email client downloads a copy of all mail received by the mailbox, and any changes made only affect emails on that device and will not affect other devices or Shaw Webmail server. We recommend using ActiveSync (Exchange) as any emails deleted from the device will also be deleted from your Shaw Webmail. Here is a link to help you choose the best email server on Microsoft Outlook.

0 Kudos

My MS Outlook is already set up as IMAP. Can I easily edi...

Pus
Grasshopper

My MS Outlook is already set up as IMAP. Can I easily edit this to change it to POP3? Or would I have to uninstall MS Outlook and reinstall it? Or how would I do this?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help