What happened to Internet 100? Does it still exist?

ChipmunkChill
Grasshopper

It is 100Mbps with unlimited GB data isn't it?  All I'm seeing online is Internet 50, 300, and 600.  I'd like over Internet 50 with unlimited data but since I live alone the 300 and 600 might be a bit much.  I remember once there was internet 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 and now just the 50 seems to be listed online.  I'm looking at removing my cable package and just using an antenna or streaming.  I ordered an antenna but it won't be here for 2-3 weeks.  It was surprisingly cheap on amazon at only $5 including shipping for up to a 200mi antenna.  Later I might get a smart TV as it might be better for my eyes than my current LCD but finding anything 21-24 inches in a smart tv seems to be getting harder.  There are streaming boxes though for about $50 I guess with android 7 to 9.  Anyways not a heavy tv watcher though might miss CW when I go to antenna.(I only watch global, CW, and CTV normally)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

We've recently made some changes to our internet package...

shaw-valerie

@ChipmunkChill We've recently made some changes to our internet package lineup, just to streamline our offerings. When Internet 100 was available, it did not include unlimited data, so may not have been what you're looking for anyway. If you primarily get your entertainment via streaming services, in most cases Internet 300 would be the best choice for that. 

0 Kudos

I have to comment here as I have Shaw's Internet 100, got...

jeffdelaney
Grasshopper

I have to comment here as I have Shaw's Internet 100, got it back in 2019, and the plan is unlimited.  Talking with Shaw on the phone today, and Internet 100 is still available and still unlimited.  They said there is no reason that the Internet 100 plan would be limited usage wise when Shaw is offering larger bandwidth packages with unlimited.  When you have more bandwidth, you can consume more data.  Anyways, just wanted to put that out there

0 Kudos

I wish 75 was unlimited, that is all I really need.

rstra
Grand Master

I wish 75 was unlimited, that is all I really need. 

0 Kudos

-- Internet 100 is still available and still unlimited My...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jeffdelaney -- Internet 100 is still available and still unlimited

My impression is that this is a "grandfathered" plan. You can stay on this plan, but new Shaw customers can either choose "Fibre+ 75", at $85/month for the first 24 months, with a download limit of 500 GB data usage per month, or "Fibre+ 150", at $95/month for the first 24 months, with unlimited downloads.

During the first 25 days of May 2021, I have downloaded 25 GB, according to the My Shaw Portal.  So, having a limit of 500 GB would not be a problem for me. Your mileage may vary. Probably, half of my usage has been downloading to a few computers via Windows Update, and two updates to Apple IOS on my iPhone (as Apple addressed "zero-day" vulnerabilities).

Note that exceeding the "limit" does not block your Internet usage; it simply "throttles" your speed for the rest of your billing-period. So, yes, Shaw does "throttle".

0 Kudos