When will shaw roll out faster than 100 mbps upload speeds?

007craft
Grasshopper

I know it may sound silly to ask, as the 100 mbps upload speeds were just rolled out a few months ago, but they are already far behind and I think they were not bumped up high enough.

1000 plan and only 10% of the upload?  Telus of course is 1000/1000 for their 1 gig plan.  Docsis 3.1 technology does have the capability to support up to 1000mbps upload so I'm wondering why there is this artificial 100mbps limit in place by shaw?  I would except at least 500mbps upload on a 1000 plan, if not the full 1000.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- I doubt that any Shaw employee who wishes to stay empl...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@007craft -- I doubt that any Shaw employee who wishes to stay employed will give you "company confidential" information in response to your "when" question.

For what reason(s) do you NEED (or WANT) anything faster than 100 Mbps for upload?

Some people still have computers with "10/100" -- not "10/100/1000" -- Ethernet adapters. So, if you try to "send" at any speed faster than 100, they will only receive at 100.  Also, any "Wireless N" network adapter is limited to 150 Mbps -- a computer needs a "Wireless AC" adapter for up to 1200 Mbps.

Are you on a "Shaw Business" plan, with slightly-higher upload speeds?

Are you in Calgary, where fiber-optic cable for "the last mile" is becoming available?

0 Kudos

And not every town even has the 100 up yet. I would imagi...

rstra
Grand Master

@007craft And not every town even has the 100 up yet. I would imagine they would need to fully launch the 100 service before going beyond.

0 Kudos

-- of course, if you need faster uploads, contact Telus....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@007craft -- of course, if you need faster uploads, contact Telus. As a "new customer", you might get a "promotional" price.

Also, several times, Telus has offered me a "buy-out" bonus -- $20/month in "Telus credit" for each month remaining on my current two-year Value Plan -- if I were to cancel that contract, and switch to Telus. Ask for this offer!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help