Why are so many of my emails marked "Shaw Suspected Junk Email?

grandpakim
Grasshopper

Most of them are emails I'm subscribed to.  One is the Conservative Party of Canada.  Yes, I get emails from members of parliament and they are marked as suspected junk.  WTF?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Why are so many of my emails marked "Shaw Suspected Junk Email?

shaw-tony

Hey grandpakim,

Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to adjust your spam settings by following the instructions hereYou can set it so that emails do not get automatically moved to the spam folder or create a whitelist of email addresses. 

Hope that helps,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

grandpakim
Grasshopper

Thanks shaw-tony but none of my emails go to spam.  That's the way I have it set and that's the way I want it so that nothing accidently ends up in the spam folder.  I don't mind getting rid of real spam myself.  What is happening is as I said.  Perfectlly legitimate emails are being marked as spam.  It's not like these are obscure sites nobody head of, but government of Canada sites.  Why is that?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

it may be the frequency of emails from their distro that filters as possible spam. I haven't heard of any other reports of issues regarding this.

0 Kudos

I just looked in my spam folder (because I rarely do), an...

sawatzky
Grasshopper

I just looked in my spam folder (because I rarely do), and noticed LOTS of legit monthly newsletters marked as suspected junk.MAKE: magazine's email had an article titled "Hack your IKEA..." and it got marked as junk. Apple - junk, Disqus mail, junk, Blurb, junk, Design Manitoba, junk. 1 in 10 emails are actually junk. 

0 Kudos

You can use the 'Not Spam' button to flag messages that a...

shaw-valerie

@sawatzky You can use the 'Not Spam' button to flag messages that are incorrectly filtered as junk mail to help improve the accuracy of the spam filtering process. you can also add specific email addresses or domains as a trusted sender in your Webmail preferences to ensure emails from specific senders that you wish to receive are delivered to your inbox. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help