Wifi 6 connects but not working

lipe123
Grasshopper

This might be an issue with the laptop we have but either way this is a good PSA.

One of the staff at my company got a new Shaw setup and her brand new lenovo laptop would connect to the wifi but have no internet(or lan) access.

After struggling with it for hours we figured out that when connecting with 802.11 AX enabled nothing works. 
Restricting the laptop to 802.11AC works perfectly fine. 
Tested with 2.4ghz and 5ghz with the same result every time.

Is anyone else able to connect a wifi 6 device sucessfully?

Had to disable thisHad to disable this2.4ghz settings on router, unable to change even in the app2.4ghz settings on router, unable to change even in the app5ghz settings on router, unable to change even in the app5ghz settings on router, unable to change even in the app

Labels (2)
3 Replies

I "upgraded" to WiFi 6 (IEEE 802.11ax) to improve my horr...

mesh
Grasshopper

I "upgraded" to WiFi 6 (IEEE 802.11ax) to improve my horrible signal and eliminate the need for pods. But now I have no coverage in the home office. The home office may be a not the closest room to the router, but in this room cellphones and laptops can not connect to wifi. God give me strength, or a number for Telus

0 Kudos

Same thing here. It would sometimes connect but other tim...

HenriqueLima
Grasshopper

Same thing here.
It would sometimes connect but other times not.
Tried updating the network driver in my pc and still facing the issue.
I have restricted the laptop to use only 802.11a and it worked
Screenshot 2023-03-19 132245.png

0 Kudos

-- Is anyone else able to connect a Wifi 6 device success...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lipe123 -- Is anyone else able to connect a Wifi 6 device successfully?

Yes, my ASUS Dual Band AX1800 USB 3.0 WiFi Adapter USB-AX56 worked, first-time, connecting to my XB7 cable-modem/router. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help