XB6 Backup/Restore Configuration

iam_toby
Grasshopper

So, we've just been upgraded to the new XB6 modem. So far, I'm not a fan. Can't seem to be able to change DNS anymore, also can't seem to figure out how to use my 2 IPs and pass one through to a different router I use to create a separate network. But my main question right now is how can I download a backup of my current configuration, and then restore it again? I always like to keep an up-to-date backup in case I need to restore the router to factory default settings. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I've clicked my way through the GUI multiple times but cant find it. Somehow I was able to download a copy when I first set it up though. Go figure.

Labels (2)
3 Replies

Re: XB6 Backup/Restore Configuration

iam_toby
Grasshopper

Been digging through the config file i was able to download shortly after the initial set up. Theres seems/seemed to be three users at some point. Usernames mentioned in the config file are: admin (user_name_3=admin), cusadmin (user_name_2=cusadmin) and mso (user_name_1=mso). Cleartext passwords as well. Also ssh access seems to be enabled from wan side (mgmt_wan_sshaccess=1), but not lan (mgmt_lan_sshaccess=0).

Now i still cant seem to find the menu where i downloaded the config. Also cant find the restore config feature. Pretty sure i was able to do that on the older hitron router.

Not applicable

The pass-through options are not visible..  It can be bridged and then you can use both IPs with two separate devices plugged into the modem or leave it in gateway mode and only have the one IP.

Pretty sure the backup/restore has been removed/broken too, but if I recall, the backup is still there somewhere?  Been a while since I used the interface..  Might have been removed in an update..

Overall, better than the Hitron but I am not impressed with it either..  Still has Puma issues for one, at least it isn't crashing weekly anymore.

Not applicable

iam_toby wrote:

Been digging through the config file i was able to download shortly after the initial set up. Theres seems/seemed to be three users at some point. Usernames mentioned in the config file are: admin (user_name_3=admin), cusadmin (user_name_2=cusadmin) and mso (user_name_1=mso). Cleartext passwords as well. Also ssh access seems to be enabled from wan side (mgmt_wan_sshaccess=1), but not lan (mgmt_lan_sshaccess=0).

Now i still cant seem to find the menu where i downloaded the config. Also cant find the restore config feature. Pretty sure i was able to do that on the older hitron router.

Interesting..  Mine must have already been updated to remove that before I got it..  lol  I could fix a lot of issues with root access... 

The Hitron does have the backup/restore, or it did last time I had one.

TALK TO US
We're here to help