Jump to solution

XB7 in bridge mode with the new TV boxes

Whyme
Grasshopper

Looking to upgrade my Shaw hardware and hoping that someone has gone through exactly what I am intending to do. Currently with XB6 in bridge mode using my own router, switches and access points. TV is all on coax. All working but time to upgrade. Will go to the XB7. in bridge mode and still use all my own network infrastructure. According to multiple sources this is no issue and has been done many times and places. Would like the XB8, but apparently still no-go for bridging!! My concern come in with the TV boxes. Since they are designed to work  with WIFI or Ethernet, back to the XB7, am I going to have issues if they are now connected to my hardware?? Chatter seems to be that the ethernet connections should work fine, but I have one unit that has to be WIFI connected.

So, I'm really hoping for one of you experts to weigh in on this and let me know what the reality is, since of course there is no Rogers support available.

Thanks for any advise.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Some people have had success connecting their IgniteTV wi...

rstra
Grand Master

@Whyme  Some people have had success connecting their IgniteTV wireless boxes to third party routers, Rogers doesn’t support this configuration. If you search Reddit, you should be able to find the instructions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

Some people have had success connecting their IgniteTV wi...

rstra
Grand Master

@Whyme  Some people have had success connecting their IgniteTV wireless boxes to third party routers, Rogers doesn’t support this configuration. If you search Reddit, you should be able to find the instructions.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. Based on what I read on Reddit and o...

Whyme
Grasshopper

Thanks for the info. Based on what I read on Reddit and other boards, it appears that what i want to do should work with a minimum of fuss.

0 Kudos