3510 old recordings from Sept to Oct showing on my list

Jay22
Grasshopper

My 3510 is now showing about 100 recordings on the scheduale from sept to oct of last year, tried to cancel them but they just come back. Has anyone else seen and is there a solution, Thanks in advance. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

-- if you disconnect the power-cord from the "3510", wait...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jay22 -- if you disconnect the power-cord from the "3510", wait a minute or two, reconnect the power-cord, and then wait for it to boot-up, and wait a bit more to recognize that it is a PVR, can you see the list of those recordings, and can you delete any of them?

0 Kudos

First thing I tried, does not work

Jay22
Grasshopper

First thing I tried, does not work

0 Kudos

-- First thing I tried, does not work Any "3510" contains...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jay22 -- First thing I tried, does not work

Any "3510" contains a SATA disk-drive, to store your recordings. 

If you cannot successfully "delete", it is possible that the physical disk-drive is failing to allow any changes to the file-system on the disk-drive, and is foreshadowing an imminent "death".

Can you make any new recordings, and then try to play them? Success or failure? A "fail" is another indication of a problem.

0 Kudos

Not recorded shows just the list of shows to be recorded...

Jay22
Grasshopper

Not recorded shows just the list of shows to be recorded in the future but these ones are from Sept and October of last year

0 Kudos

-- Not recorded shows just the list of shows to be record...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jay22 -- Not recorded shows just the list of shows to be recorded in the future 

While watching a show, press the RECORD button, and let it record for 5 minutes. Then, press the STOP button, to stop recording. View the list of recorded programs. Select and try to play this new recording. Success? Fail? I am guessing "fail" due to the "failing" disk-drive inside the Shaw PVR.

0 Kudos

Once again, not recorded shows just the list of future re...

Jay22
Grasshopper

Once again, not recorded shows just the list of future recordings. Everything else works fine.

0 Kudos

-- not recorded shows just the list of future recordings....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jay22 -- not recorded shows just the list of future recordings. Everything else works fine.

OK. It is good that you still can record new shows.

But, why is your list of "future" recordings showing dates that you have stated that are in the "past" ?

Can you use your smart-phone to capture an image of what you are seeing, and post that image here?

0 Kudos

That is the question, not a big deal just a pain to scrol...

Jay22
Grasshopper

That is the question, not a big deal just a pain to scroll down 10 pages to see what I am going to record today, no screen shot needed they are from sept and oct from last year

0 Kudos

-- are those entries defined as "series" recordings? Are...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jay22 -- are those entries defined as "series" recordings? Are you trying to "delete the series" ?

Did you add those items to your "series recordings" list in Sept/Oct last year?

For example, I have "Holey Moley" listed as scheduled recording series, but there have been no "new" episodes since last Summer. Maybe, Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) will Executive Produce another season of episodes. Maybe not.

Can you "order" the items in the schedule, to display the items in a different order?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help