5 Minute Page Up

Not applicable

I have a problem with the remote  and they says it's not fixable. The page up and page down just today changed from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. I watch 75%+ of my TV using PVR, so 5 minute skips won't work.

This happened last year, and when I called support they helped me fix it right away. Today they say they cant help.

I know of the hit exit 3x and then type 0030. It doesn't seem to work now. When you hit 0030 it will take you to the movie 300 when you hit enter.

20+ years with Shaw, and this silly feature is going to force me to another provider if I can't fix it.

14 Replies

Re: 5 Minute Page Up

Not applicable

Try a factory reset of your remote. Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1. You will then have to pair your remote to your Bluesky box again (and may need to set up the remote to control your audio and tv again as well). Then try Exit-Exit-Exit-0030 again.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

To change the fast forward or rewind from 5 minutes ( which I too think is crazy as a default) try Exit Exit Exit 0030

and yes it is confusing but it does work. I have had to do it 3 times since i have had my new shaw box in the pass 6 months.

I had one time have it not work then the next day it started working again on it's own...go figure.

We put things on Mars but a default of logic being 30 secs over 5 minutes is crazy that they can't or I should say won't fix that.

One other grip is that for a supposedly more modern system...you can't remotely program content to PVR.

last Grip...you think by now we would be using cloud PVR which would allow people to watch on any device. If we get this will they allow Chrome cast? They don't support that either on the current system

And they wonder why people dump cable

billbenlac
Grasshopper

The 30 second function worked this morning but not this afternoon.  I tried entering the sequence Exit-Exit-Exit-0030 several times with no success.  I then powered down the PVR and entered the Exit-Exit-Exit-0030 sequence.  When I powered the PVR up, the PGUp function was back to 30 seconds.  For my second remote, I took the remote to a room away from the portal box and entered the sequence.  This was successful.  This may be a coincidence but it appears that the remote must not be communicating with a PVR or portal when the sequence is entered. 

Replaced my PVR with new remote & default was again 5 min...

Vankan
Grasshopper

Replaced my PVR with new remote & default was again 5 minute forward advance. Why, why, why would they make it a 5 min advance? Tried the exit, exit, exit 0030 several times & no luck. Turned the PVR off and did the exit, exit, exit 0030 and it worked. Like Grasshopper mentioned above, it may be a coincidence but seems like it works when the remote is not connecting to the PVR.

Shaw, you monitor the discussion pages please fix the default advance or at least provide information for your customers on how to change the default setting. 

Thanks.  Exit x 3 0030 enter skipped too slow.  I hit exi...

Petervas
Grasshopper

Thanks.  Exit x 3 0030 enter skipped too slow.  I hit exit x 2 0030 enter and it works great.

0 Kudos

Broken again. Always defaults to 5 minute page up.  Fix t...

cnr115
Grasshopper

Broken again. Always defaults to 5 minute page up.  Fix the default SHAW to 30 seconds or give option in Preferences. No secret code garbage.  Fix it already!

Will return this Bluecurve TV soon.  Gateway had 30 second skip, recording scheduling online.  

Restarting my box seemed to help...this time LOL

PehlemanSisters
Grasshopper

Restarting my box seemed to help...this time LOL

0 Kudos

Me too...what a piece of junk

verrier
Grasshopper

Me too...what a piece of junk

0 Kudos

easy folks! To adjust the skip length to 30 seconds: Pre...

jpoetker
Grasshopper

easy folks!

To adjust the skip length to 30 seconds:

• Press EXIT - EXIT - EXIT - 0 - 0 - 3 - 0 on the BlueCurve TV remote
  • Adjusted skip length will be 30 seconds forward and 15 seconds back on Live TV, PVR recordings and On Demand content.

TALK TO US
We're here to help