Apple TV Provider Support With Shaw.

Andrew9013
Grasshopper

When will Shaw support Apple TV Provider sign in. What is nice about signing in through TV Provider, you only have to login once and then what ever tv app will work with your tv package. I’ve included some screen shots of tv provider from my iPhone. Telus and vmedia offer support right now hopefully Shaw will offer support in the future  C2A664BF-E27F-4198-99D7-33C3CFED1426.pngBA0A5824-7480-4BE7-B768-C18C6F7A7A85.png8E3F208A-54FB-4C14-9B1E-AA2EC95F2ECB.png

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Anyone @ Shaw know if you will support Apple TV Provider?

Andrew9013
Grasshopper

Anyone @ Shaw know if you will support Apple TV Provider?

0 Kudos

This is a user-to-user forum, not an official path to con...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

This is a user-to-user forum, not an official path to contact Shaw.

I doubt that any Shaw employees who voluntarily contribute here are allowed to give "insider information".

As you are reading this, scroll-down to "Contact Us" or to "Your Voice", to give feedback to Shaw, or to ask your question.

0 Kudos

I thought a shaw moderator would give a comment of some s...

Andrew9013
Grasshopper

I thought a shaw moderator would give a comment of some sort. I will also do as you suggested.

0 Kudos

Shaw has pretty much stayed away from Apple TV as it does...

rickatk
Master

Shaw has pretty much stayed away from Apple TV as it doesn't fit their plan for Home TV. The TV provider is part of Apple's aggregator vision. Unfortunately Shaw doesn't want to be part of that vision at this time. I struggle with the whole idea of one set top box, many services. Apple TV could certainly handle a full feature version of a Shaw TV app, but then as a consumer which hardware platform would I choose to use? The Wireless TV Players have proven to be very good streamers albeit limited in the app department. Apple TV is very strong there. Perhaps in time we will see a Shaw TV app on Apple TV.

The TV player feature seems redundant when all I have to do is pick up my Shaw remote. It too has Emmy Award winning voice search.

Great question!

Yes, I would very much like this feature that Telus offer...

Mark606
Grasshopper

Yes, I would very much like this feature that Telus offers, but not Shaw.  I frequently have to re-enter my login for apps.  It becomes a pain since I have all the apps available.  This is another example of how Shaw is stuck in the cable vision era and Telus is embracing modern platforms.

TALK TO US
We're here to help