Are Bluesky Cable Boxes now mandatory?

mahram
Grasshopper

I was wondering, are the blue sky cable boxes now mandatory when we get upgrade to one of the new tv packages being offered?

I heard that these blue sky boxes are replacing our digital boxes and hd pvrs and we won't be able to watch cable anymore on old CRT TV's and all tv's must be LED's to use these new boxes.

is this all true?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Are Bluesky Cable Boxes now mandatory?

shaw-tony

Hey mahram,

Thank you for reaching out! BlueSky TV is not mandatory equipment for you to enjoy our TV services. You can continue to use older TV equipment. The BlueSky TV experience is very different, you can find more details on that here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

mahram
Grasshopper

Hi Tony, thank you for response.

So we wanted to renew our 2 year value plan but we also know we have to lose our legacy package in order to do so and to add the new tv packages being offered (small, medium, large). 

We were told that once we do we'd have to use blue sky tv equipment..but can we just continue to use our old tv equipment with the motorola digital boxes and hd pvr's we're currently using? one of our tv's in our home is a CRT and uses these digital boxes and we just wanted to be sure if we change our whole package there won't be any problems.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi mahram 

You should be able to keep your existing hardware for TV but there are some older boxes that aren't supported in the newer billing system. It's best to check in with customer support to find out for sure.  Depending on which internet modem you have and which plan you sign up for, you might need a new modem, but the agent can set that up for you when they enter the order.

0 Kudos

I have read through this and the question wasn’t answered...

LaunieM
Grasshopper

I have read through this and the question wasn’t answered. How do you connect a crt tv to blurcurve as it does not have an HDMI connection and blue curve only offers this.  What do I need to buy.  Why doesn’t shaw offer the connection cable needed?

Launie

0 Kudos

You need BlueCurve XG1v3 or v4 and an XiD if you have mor...

rstra
Grand Master

You need BlueCurve XG1v3 or v4 and an XiD if you have more than one TV, or any of the boxes listed on the link below (minus the retired boxes). Anything other than BlueCurve will have to be purchased used off a buy and sell site etc. Shaw will not provide this equipment.

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/equipment-info-shaw-tv-boxes/ta-p/5181

0 Kudos

-- What do I need to buy? Does your CRT TV have RCA "post...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LaunieM -- What do I need to buy?

Does your CRT TV have RCA "post-and-collar" inputs (video, left audio, right audio) ?

If so, see: HDMI to RCA Cable / AV Composite Adapter HDMI Male to 3-RCA to TV 5ft - Black

for an appropriate adapter cable.

Yesterday, for $5 more, I saw a 19-inch computer-monitor with RCA inputs, and built-in speakers, at the local Salvation Army Thrift Store. Probably, you'll get a better picture by upgrading from CRT to newer video technology, and higher resolution.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help