When our Gateway PVR had its Hard Drive fail, Shaw (at th...

AnthonyReimer
Grasshopper

When our Gateway PVR had its Hard Drive fail, Shaw (at the time) replaced it with a refurbished Gateway PVR (current model) and treated the replacement as a rental but with a credit on my bill at the same level as the rental. So my expectation is that once they force me to change away from Gateway (which, based on the message posted to my Gateway, seems imminent), all bets are off. The "lifetime" is the length of time they support the equipment on their network.

Precisely why Rogers just supplies rentals (free on a pla...

rstra
Grand Master

@AnthonyReimer  Precisely why Rogers just supplies rentals (free on a plan), 

0 Kudos

is Ignite doing any regular updates to the ignite TV serv...

tc10
Grasshopper

is Ignite doing any regular updates to the ignite TV service. It seems it is the same functionality as when it was release as Shaw Bluecurve TV several years ago.  I did not like it then. and does seem much better now if at all? pther than channels ...

0 Kudos

Since it was released, the Ignite system now does cloud r...

rstra
Grand Master

@tc10  Since it was released, the Ignite system now does cloud recordings, they added wireless boxes, added several apps, offer it as a standalone service, improved the app to allow setting and deleting recordings. There may be more updates, but these are the ones that I can think of right now.

0 Kudos

We got a letter from Shaw/Rogers.  We are being forced to...

tc10
Grasshopper

We got a letter from Shaw/Rogers.  We are being forced to switch to Ignite TV as they will be shutting off our Shaw TV Gateway service on September 9.  

This is Frustrating as we have 1/2 GB of stored videos (movies/shows, etc.) that we watch often. Shaw says find them in their online library. They ar not there that is why we saved them. 

0 Kudos

and Victoria.   We received a letter from Shaw/ROGERS tha...

tc10
Grasshopper

and Victoria.

We received a letter from Shaw/ROGERS that our Victoria area Shaw TV Gateway service is being shut down on Sept 9. If we have not converted to Ignite TV, our TV service is done.

0 Kudos

Anybody in Winnipeg get such a letter? I am still on mont...

Kritiker
Grasshopper

Anybody in Winnipeg get such a letter? I am still on month to month but not in town right now so I don'tknow if I did. If so, that's the end of the road for Shaw for me for the immediate future.

Since I don't know, but I suspect that the the other providers' services will all be similar, I'll be missing my network TV fixes for a while.

But the $100 or so I'll save every month will pay for a bit of streaming.

0 Kudos

wrote: Anybody in Winnipeg get such a letter?  There has...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kritiker wrote: Anybody in Winnipeg get such a letter? 

There has been a thread on this forum (back in January?) about customers in Winnipeg being informed that an upgrade of their TV service is in progress.

After you logon to the My Shaw Portal, do you see any relevant messages for your account?

0 Kudos

No, that's why I asked if anyone in Winnipeg had received...

Kritiker
Grasshopper

No, that's why I asked if anyone in Winnipeg had received such a (physical?) letter. @tc10 didn't specify his/her location.

I have no firm timeline for when it's going to happen. All I know is that I can only continue month to month with the package (Total TV) that I have. I'd like to get a lesser channel assortment but that would trigger an equipment change.

0 Kudos

Kritiker
Grasshopper

0 Kudos