Audio and Video 5 + second dropouts, - Should I wipe my PVR

DanM2018
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

- should I wipe my PVR? Two possibilities: 1. the older B...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DanM2018 - should I wipe my PVR?

Two possibilities:

1. the older BlueCurve have an integrated disk-drive, to support recording, and also "rewind NN seconds" and "pause" of live programs. If the disk-drive is beginning to fail, it will take "longer" to successful read/write, causing those drop-outs. The only solution is to ask Shaw to ship you (via Canada Post) a replacement.

2. contact a Shaw Agent, and get them to remotely logon to the BlueCurve, to view the "signal-strength" and other values. Poor signal-strength can cause stuttering, and pixelating, and audio drop-outs.

Wiping-out the internal disk-drive will free-up both "good" and "bad" sectors on it. So, any "new" recordings may write to "good" sectors, until the disk-drive is full-enough that the "bad" sectors are put into play.

0 Kudos

You are recording to the cloud, deleting recordings would...

rstra
Grand Master

You are recording to the cloud, deleting recordings would do nothing. More likely a signal issue, which BlueCurve boxes do you have?

0 Kudos

Thanks I had a great Support call from Shaw this morning....

DanM2018
Grasshopper

Thanks

I had a great Support call from Shaw this morning.   Checked many aspects related to my problem.  Is sending a service person soon.   My PVR is an ARRIS  Model AX013ANM    Sent to me as a replacement August 20, 2020.   Thanks for your reply, DAN       Merry Christmas  !!!

TALK TO US
We're here to help