Audio sync

thatjeepgirl
Grasshopper

I’ve recently signed up for shaw blue curve and have noticed major audio lag. The audio doesn’t match up with the video and makes it hard to watch. I’m not using any other speaker source, just the tv sound, and it’s happening with live tv as well as on demand and recorded programs. Have power cycled many times and nothing seems to correct it. From the articles I’m seeing here, it’s a known issue that doesn’t seem to have a solution. Any thoughts? 

Labels (1)
11 Replies

I am not aware of any known issues with audio sync and Bl...

rstra
Grand Master

@thatjeepgirl 

I am not aware of any known issues with audio sync and BlueCurve. It could be your TV, does it have an audio sync setting?

0 Kudos

My “known issue” comment was based off of the MANY posts...

thatjeepgirl
Grasshopper

My “known issue” comment was based off of the MANY posts of people experiencing the same thing. All settings have been checked on the TV and the shaw box as per support suggestions here. 

Me too. Like slo-mo not working anymore, no info re: "Why...

lansur
Grasshopper

Me too. Like slo-mo not working anymore, no info re: "Why?" or will it be provided in future. And, will audio sync problems ever be fixed?

0 Kudos

-- slo-mo not working anymore This feature depends on hav...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lansur -- slo-mo not working anymore

This feature depends on having a "buffer" of content that you can rewind/slow-forward.

When you contacted Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) what did they do? Did they remotely logon to your box, to check various values, including "signal strength" ?  Did they "reprovision" your box?

0 Kudos

Sorry, I just noticed your reply. I have since learned th...

lansur
Grasshopper

Sorry, I just noticed your reply. I have since learned that the newer (and smaller) tv boxes from Shaw no longer have slo-mo.  It was only the older blue curve boxes that had it.  Too bad for sports fans like me who love to see actions in slo-mo, especially when TV stations don't for fear of showing bad ref calls etc..  Bear this in mind if you're thinking of upgrading!

0 Kudos

Actually, the Shaw reps wouldn't acknowledge that this fe...

lansur
Grasshopper

Actually, the Shaw reps wouldn't acknowledge that this feature ever existed!  Also, where exactly can these chats be seen?  I only happened upon your reply when looking at my.shaw.ca and noticed a notification badge.

0 Kudos

None of the BlueCurve equipment will do slow motion, it w...

rstra
Grand Master

@lansur None of the BlueCurve equipment will do slow motion, it was only available on the old Gateway system.

"My bad". Wrong name! Seems to me that the old Gateway sy...

lansur
Grasshopper

"My bad". Wrong name! Seems to me that the old Gateway system was better than the new Blue Curve one. That being said I wouldn't offer that as any excuse for not having this feature. I would rather know why the new blue curve equipment does not provide this feature.

0 Kudos

Goto settings audio and change to stereo

grmuyres
Grasshopper

Goto settings audio and change to stereo

TALK TO US
We're here to help