Jump to solution

Best of Bluecurve TV?

jcostello1975
Grasshopper

Can anyone speak to which Bluecurve TV equipment/set up is preferable - wired vs wireless?

Cheers, - J

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I have been using BlueSky (BlueCurve)wired boxes for over...

rickatk
Master

@jcostello1975 wrote:

Can anyone speak to which Bluecurve TV equipment/set up is preferable - wired vs wireless?

Cheers, - J

I have been using BlueSky (BlueCurve)wired boxes for over a year. I found them to be very reliable. The boxes I used were tied to a master tuner and were not 4K. Nonetheless the picture quality was excellent and of course, being a wired connection, very stable. Wired 4K boxes are now available.

Recently I swapped out the wired Blue Curve boxes for the Xi6 Wireless TV boxes. I did this because I wanted to get cable tv in to my kitchen. There was no cable jack present and I really didn't relish the idea of running a cable into a new, finished tile walled kitchen. Swapping out the main tuner with built in PVR was kind of cool as I realized I was indeed moving to a completely wireless steaming system including Cloud PVR. My goal of a Shaw box in the kitchen was achieved wirelessly. My initial setup was pretty easy and very similar to the wired boxes. I did encounter a few growing pains with wifi fine tuning and one defective wireless tv player. To ensure the best wifi coverage I also installed three pods.

All in all my Xi6 setup has been running pretty smoothly. It is nice to have a little more real estate on my main TV console as the Xi6 boxes are pretty small. Kind of strange to see cable jacks on the walls next to working TVs with no cable connection.

Which is better? Depends on what you are looking for. I needed wireless boxes to address the kitchen problem. You cant mix and match wired and wireless systems so I was all in to a wireless system. If you have cable jack access in every room and don't care about the larger 4K/PVR box in your main TV room I would recommend wired. That way you don't have to worry about wifi network performance around your house. I think picture quality is the same and you might even see slightly less screen moire using a wired connection. I understand the moire pattern is some sort of a wireless streaming artifact issue found on most streaming gear.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

I have been using BlueSky (BlueCurve)wired boxes for over...

rickatk
Master

@jcostello1975 wrote:

Cheers, - J

I have been using BlueSky (BlueCurve)wired boxes for over a year. I found them to be very reliable. The boxes I used were tied to a master tuner and were not 4K. Nonetheless the picture quality was excellent and of course, being a wired connection, very stable. Wired 4K boxes are now available.

Recently I swapped out the wired Blue Curve boxes for the Xi6 Wireless TV boxes. I did this because I wanted to get cable tv in to my kitchen. There was no cable jack present and I really didn't relish the idea of running a cable into a new, finished tile walled kitchen. Swapping out the main tuner with built in PVR was kind of cool as I realized I was indeed moving to a completely wireless steaming system including Cloud PVR. My goal of a Shaw box in the kitchen was achieved wirelessly. My initial setup was pretty easy and very similar to the wired boxes. I did encounter a few growing pains with wifi fine tuning and one defective wireless tv player. To ensure the best wifi coverage I also installed three pods.

All in all my Xi6 setup has been running pretty smoothly. It is nice to have a little more real estate on my main TV console as the Xi6 boxes are pretty small. Kind of strange to see cable jacks on the walls next to working TVs with no cable connection.

Which is better? Depends on what you are looking for. I needed wireless boxes to address the kitchen problem. You cant mix and match wired and wireless systems so I was all in to a wireless system. If you have cable jack access in every room and don't care about the larger 4K/PVR box in your main TV room I would recommend wired. That way you don't have to worry about wifi network performance around your house. I think picture quality is the same and you might even see slightly less screen moire using a wired connection. I understand the moire pattern is some sort of a wireless streaming artifact issue found on most streaming gear.

Hope this helps.

TALK TO US
We're here to help