Jump to solution

Blucurve blutooth issues

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

I'm trying to use blutooth earbuds with the bluecurve (brand new cloud pvr, latest model). I'm having an issue where the audio goes out of sync with the video. It connects , seems fine for a while but then my earbuds periodically cuts out for a split second - Then over time, the audio and video progressively gets out of sync. It's not my earbuds because I've tried 2 different ones with the exact same issue [and earbuds work fine with other devices]

Doing a restart of the bluecurve set corrects it. But I don't want to restart it every 15-30 minutes . At first , I thought this was happening because I was wearing one esrbud while charging the other. But then it still happening when using both earbuds.

• Is this a common issue?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I appreciate the suggestion but unfortunately the problem...

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

I appreciate the suggestion but unfortunately the problem still persisted. I even tried a 3rd pair of earbuds and same issue with all of them.

However I have discovered the problem. Apparently it's a range issue. Not sure if its from the shaw box or earbuds though. Maybe the shaw box is more geared for blutooth soundbars which would be placed in closer proximity to the blucurve player. (I" m about 12 feet away from the shaw box in my bedroom)

More likely it's a limitation with many earbuds as perhaps it has limited range as it assumes most will pair it with their phone which would be in close proximity.

I discovered this is the likely cause because I started to walk away from the tv....and I was able to quickly replicate the exact same symptoms (earbuds cutting out, losing sync, ). I think I'm at the border of the range because it seems to happen when I move my head/body a few inches.

I think I will try using longer ranged, over the ear bluetooth headsets some time down the road. In the meantime I will use a wired headphone to connect to the TV directly. The next TV I own will likely not have a headphone jack. So hopefully I'm able to figure out the blutooth by then.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

On the BlueCurve box, I would turn SAP off and change the...

rstra
Grand Master

@silverwingraven  On the BlueCurve box, I would turn SAP off and change the audio output to stereo. 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/manage-bluecurve-tv-audio-settings/ta-p/5556

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I appreciate the suggestion but unfortunately the problem...

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

I appreciate the suggestion but unfortunately the problem still persisted. I even tried a 3rd pair of earbuds and same issue with all of them.

However I have discovered the problem. Apparently it's a range issue. Not sure if its from the shaw box or earbuds though. Maybe the shaw box is more geared for blutooth soundbars which would be placed in closer proximity to the blucurve player. (I" m about 12 feet away from the shaw box in my bedroom)

More likely it's a limitation with many earbuds as perhaps it has limited range as it assumes most will pair it with their phone which would be in close proximity.

I discovered this is the likely cause because I started to walk away from the tv....and I was able to quickly replicate the exact same symptoms (earbuds cutting out, losing sync, ). I think I'm at the border of the range because it seems to happen when I move my head/body a few inches.

I think I will try using longer ranged, over the ear bluetooth headsets some time down the road. In the meantime I will use a wired headphone to connect to the TV directly. The next TV I own will likely not have a headphone jack. So hopefully I'm able to figure out the blutooth by then.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If anyone can recommend a blutooth set that works with bl...

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

If anyone can recommend a blutooth set that works with bluecurve at 12 feet or more distance , it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help