Jump to solution

Blue Curve - My Channel Listing

RB194
Grasshopper

I recently switched to Blue Curve and cannot seem to reconcile my TV Channel List with the channels I actually get. Also the remote Guide function allows me to choose "free to me" option for channel surfing yet there are many channels that when selected say "subscription required". Why?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi, RB194. At the moment, when channel surfing using your...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Hi, RB194.

At the moment, when channel surfing using your remote with the channel up and down arrows, it doesn't technically define the 'free to me' guide as a default guide with only those channels to be made available when using the channel up and down arrows, but this will probably change within a future update. The 'free to me' guide basically shows you on your TV the channels made available to you, from what you subscribe to.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jump to solution

Hi, RB194. At the moment, when channel surfing using your...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Hi, RB194.

At the moment, when channel surfing using your remote with the channel up and down arrows, it doesn't technically define the 'free to me' guide as a default guide with only those channels to be made available when using the channel up and down arrows, but this will probably change within a future update. The 'free to me' guide basically shows you on your TV the channels made available to you, from what you subscribe to.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Just to clarify here, are you saying that when you are us...

shaw-valerie

@RB194 Just to clarify here, are you saying that when you are using the 'Free To Me' guide view, channels that you are not described to are shown in that view? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The guide view (when "free to me" option is selected) cor...

RB194
Grasshopper

The guide view (when "free to me" option is selected) correctly shows only channels that I am subscribed to. I had originally thought that making that guide view selection would allow me to skip past unsubscribed channels when using the up/down channel selection button.

Jump to solution

Good morning, I just helped my 70 year old neighbor the o...

Blakester1
Grasshopper

Good morning, I just helped my 70 year old neighbor the other night install blue curve.  He is extremely frustrated now that he can't surf up and down using the

'channel up/down' button as every other channel tells him he needs to buy a subscription.   I showed him the 'my free channels' guide but when he uses that and picks a channel and realizes it is not the right channel then he has to go back to the guide and select the next channel he might like and then click okay to see if it is the one he wants.   This used to be a one click process and not it's a 3-4 step process.  

Did you have any success getting this resolved???   Please help...the poor old guy just about threw his dam remote out the window.   Another neighbor told him he needs to switch to Telus, but I'm trying to get him to stay with Shaw

Jump to solution

I’d be interested in this thread. The Blue Curve remote i...

cdales
Grasshopper

I’d be interested in this thread. The Blue Curve remote is totally clunky for searching and surfing, a real step backwards in that operations that formerly took1 or 2 steps previously now require a series of clicks on a remote with almost invisible arrows that are difficult to manipulate. I am almost ready to dump Shaw over this, as the agent who gave us a lower quote did it by failing to mention that he was chopping several fave channels we had subscribed to for several years!

Jump to solution

We are also interested in this thread...as its 2021 and p...

Peter45
Grasshopper

We are also interested in this thread...as its 2021 and ppl cant use the current shaw remote up and down channels button { surfing style} without being bombarded by useless subcription channels all over the place?!

Jump to solution

I totally agree with your neighbor!!! So frustrating!! Th...

M_A_C
Grasshopper

I totally agree with your neighbor!!! So frustrating!! The guide on this remote is horrible! Some of my favorite channels are not available, the 2 year value plan is a joke! I am paying the same as I did with the old set up and now my Google Home mini no longer works!! I too am thinking about moving to Telus and I have been a Shaw customer forever! I don't know if I want to put up with this for 2 years!!

Jump to solution

Wow, still having this issue in 2023???  Come on, Shaw!...

tod4
Grasshopper

Wow, still having this issue in 2023???  Come on, Shaw!  Why is our BlueCurve called 'Total TV' when we get many channels that we cannot watch??  

Jump to solution

-- Why is our BlueCurve called 'Total TV' when we get man...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@tod4 -- Why is our BlueCurve called 'Total TV' when we get many channels that we cannot watch??  

Can you give a few examples of the channels that you cannot watch?

For example, the group of "timeshift" channels is an extra-cost add-on to "Total TV", as is the "WWE" (kayfabe) channel.

TALK TO US
We're here to help