Blue Curve Pause Live TV

pstemler
Grasshopper

We have been a long time shaw customer and have recently upgraded to the blue curve system.

We have notice that when pausing live TV we seem to be only able to hold 30 minutes, backwards from current clock time.  The previous systems allowed a pause for 90 minutes or more, so you could leave and return to the program after significant periods of time.

Is there a feature to "turn on" this function on blue curve.  Given this is a cloud based system storage should not be a concern.  

If this a truly lost feature then this needs to be reconsidered.  

Labels (1)
8 Replies

-- after pressing PAUSE, press RECORD, to save the progra...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@pstemler -- after pressing PAUSE, press RECORD, to save the program "forever". Later, watch the recording until it completes, and then choose "delete". As a bonus, the recording might include the most-recent 30 minutes that you have watched -- FAST FORWARD through most of those minutes, to catch-up on your train-of-thought.

0 Kudos

I just got my blue curve equipment today. I do not like t...

SHINES
Grasshopper

I just got my blue curve equipment today. I do not like the tv guide and I hate that I can't pause tv for a long time. I have been a customer since 2004.

The only reason I got new equipment was because the old equip started to fail as SHAW no longer supported it. I used to be able to pause one PVR for an hour and another one closer to 2 hours. I sincerely hope this long pause feature is available soon.

No I don't want to record everything I want to pause so do not suggest that as a fix.

-- No I don't want to record everything; I want to pause,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@SHINES -- No I don't want to record everything; I want to pause, so do not suggest that as a fix.

Currently, that is the only "work-around" for your issue.

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

While reading this message, scroll-down to see:

Capture-Shaw-Your-Voice.JPG

Click the "Your Voice" hyperlink to submit your feedback/request/complaint to Shaw.

Well, that sucks……

DiegoSedai
Grasshopper

Well, that sucks……

Shaw employee #1:  How can we make cable even less desira...

Unhappy5hawCust
Grasshopper

Shaw employee #1:  How can we make cable even less desirable than it already is.

Shaw employee #2: More ads?

Shaw employee #1: yes but we need to do something even worse.

Shaw employee #2:  I know, lets limit the pause length to 30 minutes on live tv and even better...  lets switch back to live TV after 10 minutes when pausing recorded programs.  That will be fun.  blast the house with live TV when they have to take a phone call.

Me:  Hey Shaw, With the increasing number of ads, reruns and crap programming, I don't need much more of a reason to just switch off cable.

That doesn't solve the problem at all. When I pause a sho...

WeTheNorth
Grasshopper

That doesn't solve the problem at all. When I pause a show for whatever reason, sometimes that reason takes longer than anticipated. I find it frustrating when the TV starts playing again at full volume so quickly....this needs to be addressed. 

This doesn’t help when you’re watching something already...

delsharkey
Grasshopper

This doesn’t help when you’re watching something already recorded. Pause time is a major downside of the Bluecurve system

If you are going to pause for a long time, just stop play...

rstra
Grand Master

@delsharkey  

If you are going to pause for a long time, just stop playback and resume when you are ready. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help