Jump to solution

Blue Curve - Sound keeps cutting out on a lot of channels, how do I fix this?

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

Hello,

Signed up for Blue Curve months back to get away from Telus, after a few weeks we started getting disappointed with Shaw as the sound would stop working for a couple seconds at a time, my modem is 2 feet from the TV and I’ve booted the modem several of times and it continues to do this, our wifi will even cut out a couple times per day, I’m sure others are having this issue and Shaw is aware of this, before I cancel the service does anyone have any solutions to this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I'm also having the audio cutout problem. It cuts out for...

Mhoffman
Grasshopper

I'm also having the audio cutout problem. It cuts out for a second followed by slight pixilation. 

Anyway, I laughed when I read about deme's problem of Shaw ripping him off. Happened to me twice. A few years back I cancelled Shaw and went to Telus. When I close the account they charged me for an unreturned box. I recalled a couple year before that I was having issues and a tech came and swapped a box out. I am sure that this missing device was the one the tech took, it was still on my account. After a lot of bitching to Shaw they eventually removed the charge. PITA.

Then recently I switched back to Shaw from Telus after a door to door guy came with an offer I couldn't refuse. Long story but the short of it is somehow I ended up with two accounts! I called Shaw to close one of the accounts and they said I again owed for equipment I did not have. The one account had the proper equipment. The phantom account had some other modem that I did not have. Again after a sh*t ton of bitching to Shaw and being escalated to managers (it was at least 3 different calls and many wasted hours), they finally removed the charge and close the account. I questioned why no red flags were raised on their end when two accounts were setup for one person at one address. Like shouldn't they say, "hmm, maybe there is a mistake here!"

Shaw are a bunch of thief's and try to rip people off plain and simple. Telus' customer service was way better, I never had any issues dealing with Telus, even when I closed the account. Shaw is always a PITA.

View solution in original post

79 Replies
Jump to solution

Hey! My audio also cuts out for a few seconds at a time....

Hesscham
Grasshopper

Hey! My audio also cuts out for a few seconds at a time. Reset the box. Same issue. It is right next to the modem. Hope someone can suggest a fix because this sucks!

Jump to solution

I was told by Shaw that I have a weak signal coming to th...

dfaminoff78
Grasshopper

I was told by Shaw that I have a weak signal coming to the house which may be causing it, I’m having someone come out next week to have a look as this has been going on for months. I need a fix now.

Jump to solution

-- I’m having someone come out next week to have a look,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dfaminoff78 -- I’m having someone come out next week to have a look, as this has been going on for months. I need a fix now.

Today is Friday, but the Shaw technicians do work on Saturday & Sunday.

Monday will be Thanksgiving day -- you would be fortunate to have any technician (Shaw or Telus or BC Hydro or Fortis or electrician or plumber or city Public Works) to skip this holiday with their family to attend to your need. Only the Police & the Fire Department will be on a normal schedule on Monday, unless you have an "emergency" (tree falling onto your BC Hydro wires, taking-down the whole street, or broken water-main flooding multiple basements, or a North Vancouver land-slide pushing your house off its foundations).

So, please tell us how it went, after the technician completes their work.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We worked all stats, except Xmas.

rstra
Grand Master

We worked all stats, except Xmas. 

Jump to solution

I guess I need to call a technician as well because this issue has also been going on for a while ev

Hesscham
Grasshopper

hope they can fix it!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I live in a high rise condo downtown...so im assuming the...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

I live in a high rise condo downtown...so im assuming there is a weak signal coming here as well. irritating!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I guess I need to call a technician ... high-rise cond...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Hesscham -- I guess I need to call a technician ... high-rise condo ... assuming there is a weak signal

I recommend that you contact Shaw Support (currently, online chat gets priority over telephone), and get the Shaw agent to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to check the signal-strength, and other values. Shaw can do this without dispatching a technician to your location. 

Before you contact Shaw, talk to your neighbours, to see if everybody on Shaw on your floor has a similar problem. If so, relaying that information (and their room-number) to Shaw can help Shaw trouble-shoot.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely contact them....

Hesscham
Grasshopper

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely contact them. I've done everything to try and resolve on my own. Swapped a box, checked audio receiver (optical input), reset modem, plugged ethernet in...and the audio still cuts out sporadically for a few seconds. 

I do know that this all started when it switched to Fiber Gig+

Fingers crossed! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--  this all started when it switched to Fiber Gig+ Switc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Hesscham --  this all started when it switched to Fiber Gig+

Switched from what? A different Shaw-provided cable-modem/router? From Telus?

>  I will definitely contact them.

Please report here, after you have done so. Shaw Support can do some trouble-shooting during the session, but they may have to dispatch a technician. It's up to the technician whether to enter your building, and to access the "wiring closet" on your floor of your MURB (multi-unit residential building).

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help