Blue curve stopped recording Nov 3 2020

Noddy
Grasshopper

First - lost scheduled programs...series - left only one show per day - when multiple programs were set up for recording

Second  - tried to program in shows to be recorded - would show on tv guide schedule red dot - when looking  at scheduled not there,

Yes, unplugged all blue curve devices for 1 minute, reset, refresh...

Tried many times - end result can't add new programs for recording.

Called help waited 3.25 hours on hold will try calling tomorrow...if I get resolve will post

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

I have the same issue... I record the evening news on Glo...

Zokamba
Grasshopper

I have the same issue...I have the new style BlueCurve modem and high def PVR boxes, Storage is at 15% and my box is hard wired cat6 ethernet directly to the modem so no wi-fi issues here, I record the evening news on Global and when the CFL season is on I record every game, however even though the schedule is set and future recordings still show up, from time to time suddenly I find a number of these recordings showing cancelled  (the circle with the slash sign shows up) yet the following and other days are still showing the recording hasn't been cancelled.

I had to remove and re-add the scheduled recording to get the rest of the canceled ones to record again.   Nobody has touched the TVs today and I had done the system refresh last week, everything was fine until I go to watch the news tonight and all my recordings today were cancelled and none recorded...  I tried doing the unplug/replug and then when that didn't work I ran the system refresh again and still nothing, it appears shaw just decided I couldn't have my recordings for today for some reason...   there was no issue yesterday which was the timezone change and everything worked fine until today.... the same thing happened in the past with sports or other recordings that suddenly get cancelled....    I also never have more than 1 or 2 recordings going at the same time of day and I am supposed to be able to record 6 so I don't know what is going on

0 Kudos

Chat told me it is a wide problem and they are working it...

Noddy
Grasshopper

Chat told me it is a wide problem and they are working it should be fixed tomorrow...

0 Kudos

Finally fixed took many reboots from home and from Shaw,...

Noddy
Grasshopper

Finally fixed took many reboots from home and from Shaw,  finally worked and got back programming, just lost one night of recordings.

Happy now.

0 Kudos

That didn't last long.  It's doing it again!

seniorcitizen
Grasshopper

That didn't last long.  It's doing it again!

0 Kudos

Have been told they're working on it and have contacted C...

seniorcitizen
Grasshopper

Have been told they're working on it and have contacted Comcast.

0 Kudos

did they give details around the problem? All my recordin...

rstra
Grand Master

@seniorcitizen did they give details around the problem? All my recordings fine on my BlueCurve system.

0 Kudos

It's the same problem as the other day: all scheduled rec...

seniorcitizen
Grasshopper

It's the same problem as the other day: all scheduled recordings but one are gone and it will not record anything.  The programs scheduled to record today all have the red circle with line through it instead of a solid red circle.  Been going on for hours.  I tried resetting and all, just in case, but no help.

0 Kudos

Strange that they say it is a Comcast issue when not ever...

rstra
Grand Master

Strange that they say it is a Comcast issue when not everyone is experiencing, I looked at the  Comcast forums and it isn’t mentioned there,

0 Kudos

This is the reply I got from online support: Achal VE87 a...

seniorcitizen
Grasshopper

This is the reply I got from online support:

Achal VE87 at18:06, Nov 4:   the issue is still being worked out by the concerned department

Achal VE87 at 18:07, Nov 4: and they are in talk with comcast to resolve it asap

TALK TO US
We're here to help