Blue Curve TV app on iOS bug when watching recordings in progress

Tangroo
Grasshopper

Since the latest update to the iOS app, there is now a bug that effects watching a recording that is still in progress.

For example, I like to watch a hockey game on a bit of a delay. I have a series recording set, and previously I could start watching the game an hour late, skip the intermissions, pause and then resume on another device, etc. The playback would start at the beginning (so I wouldn't have the score spoiled), and playback would be remembered between devices so I could hop between the TV, my iPad, etc.

That functionality is now broken in the iOS app since the update to 7.4.0. My Xi6 boxes still function as expected, as does the web interface.

The two things that are now broken on the iOS app are:

1. When starting to watch a recording in progress, the recording now often starts playback at the live point. Not only does this not make sense (who wants to start watching a programme in the middle?), it really ruins the whole "avoid the score and start late" method of watching a hockey game. The score is shown, and the whole point of recording the game now becomes useless.

This is a new bug in the iOS update. I have been using this method of watching hockey for years, and now it is broken. The bug is NOT present on the Xi6 boxes or the web interface.

2. The playback progress of a recording still in progress is now not remembered/synchronized between devices (or even on the same device after closing it). Previously, I could stop playback on one device and resume it on another from the same point. Again, it just makes sense to be able to resume a programme from the point that you left off, but it simply ruins watching sports on a bit of a delay. Most of the time the playback "resumes" at the live point, and sometimes at the start of the programme. But not at the most logical spot - the point that you left off.

This is also a new (and probably related) bug in the new iOS update. Again, the Xi6 boxes and the web interface still act as they are supposed to - recordings in progress can be stopped and resumed on a different device without losing your place or having the score spoiled, as long as you don't introduce an iOS device into the mix.

I understand that this may not be the most common way to watch a hockey game (or any recording), but it works for me and saves me time. And, most of all, it worked just fine for years until a few weeks ago with the 7.4.0 update. I would be happy to help troubleshoot this issue and find a resolution. Just let me know.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

I also emailed this bug to mobileapps [at] sjrb.ca and, t...

Tangroo
Grasshopper

I also emailed this bug to mobileapps [at] sjrb.ca and, to their credit, have replied.  They were able to replicate the bug and hope to have it fixed in an update.  So not finished yet, but getting there!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help