Blue Curve TV-Buffering

zoomiey25
Grasshopper

I updated  from Bluesky to Bluecurve last week.  Having problems with "buffering" as all of my boxes are wireless. The picture/audio freezes for about 10/20 seconds .  It's worse when watching Netflix/amazon prime.  how do I resolve this issue. Talked to TV support and no help there.  Is it possible to get hard wired for these boxes?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Wondering if you are using the 4k wireless box?

mike076
Grasshopper

Wondering if you are using the 4k wireless box?

0 Kudos

Yes the boxes are wireless

zoomiey25
Grasshopper

Yes the boxes are wireless 

0 Kudos

Thought so, I've been telling Shaw that there is somethin...

mike076
Grasshopper

Thought so, I've been telling Shaw that there is something wrong with those boxes since Sept.. Drop outs, buffering, pixels etc.. Was told oh no nothing wrong nope nope all good.. Finally got a DM from a rep oh yeah there is a problem on the backend that is being delt with

Not saying it's related but shaw knows these boxes are problematic to say the least. I finally went back to wired and no problems 

0 Kudos

Finally got thru to Customer Service and they are sending...

zoomiey25
Grasshopper

Finally got thru to Customer Service and they are sending a tech this week to swap out the wireless boxes for the wired ones.

Glad to know I was not the only one with this experience.

cheers

0 Kudos

Seems these wireless BlueCurve boxes aren’t ready for pri...

rickatk
Grasshopper

@zoomiey25 wrote:

I updated  from Bluesky to Bluecurve last week.  Having problems with "buffering" as all of my boxes are wireless. The picture/audio freezes for about 10/20 seconds .  It's worse when watching Netflix/amazon prime.  how do I resolve this issue. Talked to TV support and no help there.  Is it possible to get hard wired for these boxes?

Seems these wireless BlueCurve boxes aren’t ready for prime time yet.

I prefer “wired” but there are situations where running a wire is not possible. I would like to put a BlueSky wired box in my kitchen but remain reluctant because of difficult access and lots of tile work. Presently I have an Apple TV bringing in lots of content. I am  mostly interested in Global news. The streaming to all my Apple and Bose devices and Smart TV around the house is smooth as silk using a Shaw BlueCurve gateway.

I would be happy to put a BlueCurve box in the kitchen but would then have to rely on wireless boxes around the house. Reading this post raises questions about a full wirelss strategy. Hybrid would be nice. Wireless only when absolutely required.The other option... Shaw Free Range on a Apple TV. Monetized of course!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?