Blue Curve TV responding slowly to remote & PVR recording questions / comments

rwwish
Grasshopper

So I started with Blue Sky about a year ago and if I understand correctly have now been upgraded to Blue Curve, Sometimes, not always, when I am watching recorded TV I have noticed a slow response from the PVR. If I fast forward (commercials) after pressing the FF key on the remote there is a delay, sometimes up to 5 seconds, before the program actually fast forwards. When I press play to continue watching I get the same delay. Again not always, just happens periodically but is a pain as it sometimes overshoots where I want to resume watching. This happened with Blue Sky and still happens with Blue Curve. Also I must not have understood how the PVR works with Blue Curve. With the old DCT 6400 series every channel that I had visited ( max 6) was being recorded in a buffer so if I changed to one of those channels I could rewind it or even hit record and it would record 30 minutes worth from the recorded buffer. No such luck with Blue Curve. If I leave a channel and then come back to it the buffer is gone and starts over. Nothing that was previously in the buffer exists. Even if the buffer has a program in the buffer if I hit record it only records from that point in time and doesn't include the buffer. I guess I'm just not use to Blue Sky/Curve but seems less user friendly to me. Anyone else?

Labels (1)
26 Replies

apologies for the delay in response, I appreciate your fe...

shaw-tony

@rwwish apologies for the delay in response, I appreciate your feedback. The buffer for BlueCurve TV is not the same as the Gateway system. Setting a recording now will only start at the current point and not the previous buffer. As for the delays, are you noticing that only when you FF 3 or 4x speeds? Also, is it generally the same channels or random?

0 Kudos

The same thing happens with our system to, some days it w...

gdav17
Grasshopper

The same thing happens with our system to, some days it will work great other days we get the delay. Its pretty annoying when you hit stop and it keeps going then you have to rewind and it wont stop. I told my wife its a built in feature to force you to watch the adds. We fast forward on x2

Considering the DVR is built into the box and it is sitti...

rwwish
Grasshopper

Considering the DVR is built into the box and it is sitting about 15 ft from the remote it seems like they are not very well designed. I could understand the delay if the recording is on a server miles away, like a netflix situation, but when it is on a recorder right in front of you I would think it should be way faster, almost immediate. If we ever get the wireless ones available in the southern interior (Castlegar area) maybe shaw will be generous enough to send me one of these to try but I don't see how it would be any faster.

0 Kudos

Same thing happening to us.  Very slow response from remo...

MoChill
Grasshopper

Same thing happening to us.  Very slow response from remote to pvr. What can we do to fix?

0 Kudos

Random channels, any speed, ff or rr. Some days when a pr...

rwwish
Grasshopper

Random channels, any speed, ff or rr. Some days when a program is on and I leave the room, then return I use RR to go back and see what I've missed, on the buffer, it shows it is rewinding but when I stop it to play from that point it is actually on "Live" tv, hasn't rewound at all even though it shows that it has on the rewind screen. Any speed again. In my opinion the PVR sucks big time. Although it works probably 90% of the time I only find the problem when I need or want to see something again.

0 Kudos

do you have it set up via IR or RF? Can you try IR if you...

shaw-tony

@MoChill do you have it set up via IR or RF? Can you try IR if you have it in RF and vice versa to see if it speeds things up?

0 Kudos

I have the same issue. I have 3 DVR’s ... they all delay...

Cudney
Grasshopper

I have the same issue. I have 3 DVR’s ... they all delay exactly as you described. I’ve tried switching out the URL and irc remotes and still doesn’t help.

0 Kudos

Did you guys got this issue fixed? Can't see any reply fr...

Dalo
Grasshopper

Did you guys got this issue fixed? Can't see any reply from Shaw on this chat

0 Kudos

-- it shows it is rewinding, but when I stop it to play f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rwwish -- it shows it is rewinding, but when I stop it to play from that point it is actually on "Live" TV,

If your PVR is recording to a disk-drive inside the PVR, it could be a problem writing/reading to/from that disk-drive. If the input/output is "slow", then you will notice a delay.  If you record a program, does it play-back properly, with no "gaps" or "freezing"?

Have you contacted Shaw Support, to ask them to replace the PVR? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help