Blue curve YouTube App - Restricted Mode

Enki_007
Grasshopper

I have examined the available documentation which describes how to disable Restricted Mode. However, even with Restricted Mode disabled, the app still asks me to confirm playing the video. I don’t understand the point of providing the ability to disable restrictions and then ignoring that setting.

Note: The setting works as expected from Chrome and the iOS app.  Here is a sample video (safe for work, I have no idea why it’s restricted): https://youtu.be/vvsw_Jq4UcE

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Are you logged into the same Google Account on BlueCurve...

shaw-valerie

@Enki_007 Are you logged into the same Google Account on BlueCurve TV as on your other devices? I did some testing on my end, and on one of my accounts I'm prompted to confirm I wish to view the content (even with Restricted mode disabled) on all platforms, and while logged in on another account the video plays without need for additional confirmation on all platforms, so this does appear to be managed in some way by Google user account however, I haven't been able to find any additional options for this within my own account settings. 

0 Kudos

I am logged in to the Blue Curve YouTube account using my...

Enki_007
Grasshopper

I am logged in to the Blue Curve YouTube account using my gmail, yes. But you’ve described consistent application of configuration settings across multiple platforms whereas mine is not consistent. It is only when I use the BlueCurve YouTube app, even after disabling restricted mode, that I am prompted to view the content. The other two platforms are fine.

It seems to me that this is a BlueCurve setting issue. But if you can find the appropriate switch in the Google account settings, I’d be happy to try it. 

0 Kudos

Good Morning,  This is an issue for sure. There is no rhy...

Josiah62
Grasshopper

Good Morning,

This is an issue for sure. There is no rhyme or reason with YouTube and restricted mode through Shaw Blue Curve modem. Let me be clear, I am not speaking about Blue Curve TV just Shaw internet. Restricted Mode is ON on some devices and not on others. It can happen on the 2.4g or 5g frequency. It can happen on LAN or Wifi. it can be on one minute or off the next. I have no parental controls on and the lowest security level. It can happen on open YouTube (no Account) or signed in. This is NOT a YouTube issue as when I move from Shaw to LTE or another provider it goes away. My understanding is Shaw has a third party managing web security and content level. It is a provider issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help