Blue Sky recording options

Not applicable

it has been a year now since I first asked this question and pointed out a flaw in the recording options available with Blue Sky and I don't see any progress has been made to correct or address the problem .

To reiterate, ,the problem is within the recording options is an option of "New Episodes" (the current selection I have set) or "New and Repeats", the problem is that UNLESS whoever is providing the guide data and doesn't turn on the "New" flag for any episode in question,, the Blue Sky box defaults to recording it anyway.

When in fact,, the firmware should be ignoring the episode since it ISN'T flagged as "New" and only record episodes that are flagged as "New" in the guide listing.

As a current example (the same one I raised a year ago) I have Bermans Call (channel 257) set to record only New Episodes.

There is a new episode every Monday at 9 AM, but when I look at Scheduled Recordings, I see it is set to record on Sunday at 12:30 (this is a repeat of the previous Mondays episode, and has actually repeatedly recorded all of this weeks repeat broadcasts- 5 in total.)

SO, since the guide data doesn't have the New or Repeat flag set,, then the Blue Sky box ignores the New Episodes option and records all.

It should have been an easy fix ,, is there one in the works ??

p.s. this problem is not unique to this program or channel, its a common problem across all similar situations.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: Blue Sky recording options

sunnyinvic
Grasshopper

I have found that happen as well, for me it was Modern Family. The only "fix" I have found is to change the channel it records from. In the series recording options, where it says record HD or SD it may show "only record from CHANNEL" and that stopped the repeats. 

0 Kudos

Re: Blue Sky recording options

Not applicable

Yes!! I had that exact problem and solution with MF episodes myself.

Unfortunately, with my particular ongoing issue with Berman's Call, it is only available on one channel (257) and Shaw doesn't seem to want to consider what it would take to fix it. The fix would affect ALL other situations where this problem occurs and would alleviate this bug everywhere, but I can't seem to get them to respond or understand what is required.

It is now Dec 2019 and no fix and I am shows being record...

okna
Grasshopper

It is now Dec 2019 and no fix and I am shows being recorded in the middle of the night and they are all repeats.  

0 Kudos

I have this issue as well. I'm sure this is not a current...

ezeedub
Grasshopper

I have this issue as well. I'm sure this is not a current priority, but for when the developers are able to deal, here are a couple other cases I'm experiencing.

1. On TSN4, SC With Jay and Dan. It's on weeknights, and repeated multiple times through the night to the next morning.  Ideally I could set up the recording to only get one episode. Sometimes the first showing is preempted by a preceding live sporting event (though not these days!).  A robust solution would be able to account for this.

2. On HIFI (455), The Graham Norton Show.  The current season (27) is on Saturday evening, but repeats from previous seasons are shown various other times throughout the week. Ideally here repeats would be detectable as not new. Even better would be to give users the ability to specify the season.  

I realize there's a question about what are the sensible defaults given incomplete guide data. It's also possible that a programming solution is not within Shaw's power to provide. I think this platform may simply be licensed (from Xfinity?). If that's the case, please provide us with the location of the issue queue where development *is* managed.  

This is a confirmed issue.  Can we at least get a response from Shaw?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help