Blue Sky TV poor picture quality

Lori_Anne
Grasshopper

Recently upgraded to Bluecurve from Gateway. I’m having issues particularly with sports shows.  Picture goes from clear HD to fuzzy standard def for up to 30 seconds at a time.  It’s not pixilating just fuzzy.  Happens very frequently.  Shaw has checked the signal strength multiple times and it is great.  Anyone else have this problem?  I have three TV's and this happens on all of them.  One set even is connected via ethernet cable.  This is driving me nuts.

I have a senior technician coming out but I have my doubts if this can fixed.  The boxes and modem have been reset multiple times already.  Some hardware outside the house was also recently replaced by a previous tech.

Labels (1)
18 Replies

Maybe time for a box swap.

rstra
Grand Master

Maybe time for a box swap.

0 Kudos

Glad I did not change. Not a big fan of streaming.

lancelot48
Grasshopper

Glad I did not change. Not a big fan of streaming.

0 Kudos

Yep, I am having the same problem as I write this. Screen...

AndrewF
Grasshopper

Yep, I am having the same problem as I write this. Screen also freezes occasionally. Called them and they told me same thing they told you. Need to resolve this. It’s driving me nuts.

0 Kudos

I’m thinking this is an issue with Bluesky TV.  Sporting...

Lori_Anne
Grasshopper

I’m thinking this is an issue with Bluesky TV.  Sporting events are almost unwatchable.

freezing picture, black screen sound ok though or just blurry.

i think I’m going to tell Shaw to switch me back to the Gateway.

0 Kudos

very sorry for the poor experience. It may be faulty equi...

shaw-tony

@Lori_Anne very sorry for the poor experience. It may be faulty equipment or WiFi interference if you have the wireless BlueCurve TV equipment. How did the senior technician visit go? We definitely want to ensure the plan best suits your needs. Keep me posted.

It may also be related to a known issue to live playback which our engineering teams are working towards a resolution. The issue is tracked under INC0631634.

@AndrewF do you also notice this on multiple TVs? What troubleshooting steps did you try or do you have a technician scheduled to visit you?

0 Kudos

I will keep you posted Tony.  We will see tomorrow

Lori_Anne
Grasshopper

I will keep you posted Tony.  We will see tomorrow 

0 Kudos

Hi couldn’t agree more. Upgraded from the gateway to blue...

JK4
Grasshopper

Hi couldn’t agree more. Upgraded from the gateway to blue curve and nothing but issues. Constant freezing, black outs blurry pictures and sound in and out. I’m going to return to gateway..

0 Kudos

Bluecurve is awful. Nothing but issues. pixalation, blurr...

Amanda18
Grasshopper

Bluecurve is awful. Nothing but issues. pixalation, blurred screen, freezing, no volume. not just occasionally, but constantly.

0 Kudos

There have been some changes implemented on the backend t...

shaw-valerie

@AndrewF @JK4 @Amanda18 

There have been some changes implemented on the backend that should alleviate the issues that have been reported in this thread. If you are still seeing any issues on your side, get in touch with our technical support team here, so that they can run some additional testing to your equipment. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help