Blue Sky TV - Recordings Vanished and other issues arising

courtenayglenn
Grasshopper
The last number of months I have been losing a number of recorded shows from my PVR.  I did not realize until recently that this was part of a bigger issue with Shaw. 

At the beginning of October I checked my PVR and noticed that ALL recorded program before September 24 had been deleted, which happened to be quite of number of shows.  I chatted on line with a Shaw rep and the person explained to me that they are aware of the problem and are working with the developers for a resolution.  Wow.  It is taking them a long time to do this, as I see that people have had this problem since the summer.  I understand that Shaw does not have an ETA on a resolution.

I have now noticed other issues, such as having problems when fast forwarding through CBC News Network recorded shows.  Also requesting only 10 episodes of a certain show and more than 10 episodes end up being recorded on my PVR.

I do not watch any live television and rely on the recording and storing of shows on a PVR.  Has anyone out there made any progress on this issue with Shaw?

Labels (1)
1 Reply

You might be in luck as your recordings may still be avai...

Zeph
Grasshopper

You might be in luck as your recordings may still be available to watch through the Shaw BlueSky / BlueCurve cloud DVR online. When your BlueSky / BlueCurve recordings from the DVR connected to your TV get bumped off the list, due to DVR hard drive space for new recordings... these recordings may still be available to watch via the cloud DVR, which is available online. You may also be able to find past airings of programs through the free on-demand listings, either available through your DVR or elsewhere online.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help