bluecurve recording issue

PeterMac
Grasshopper

When we set series recordings we can sit down and watch one and by the next day we will have 10 more old recordings. We have all the setting correct. how can we get this to stop. We only want the new series not old shows. 

This only rece

Labels (1)
18 Replies

Grasshopper...  you are not alone,  this very problem of...

denmac
Grasshopper

Grasshopper...  you are not alone,  this very problem of recording 'all new and old' is driving my wife mad !

Waiting for a helpful reply or fix.   Thx for posting.

0 Kudos

Is this issue occurring on all channels and/or programs?...

shaw-valerie

@PeterMac @denmac Is this issue occurring on all channels and/or programs? When you view the program information for the recordings, are they incorrectly flagged as being new or are they flagged as repeat? 

0 Kudos

it was tagging all the recordings as new

PeterMac
Grasshopper

but this week, it seems to have stopped doing it. cross the fingers 

0 Kudos

Shaw-Valerie I appreciate your reply.... It 'was' recordi...

denmac
Grasshopper

Shaw-Valerie

I appreciate your reply....

It 'was' recording the New which were in fact 'new'.... however it also recorded repeats which were past programs .

The preference setting is for 'New Only'

It was mainly on BNN, a specific financial program that my wife watches.

Fortunately it has not happened in the last few days.  Fingers crossed....there has been a fix.

I will post again if the problem returns.

Regards      Denmac

0 Kudos

okay its back

PeterMac
Grasshopper

channel 532 seems to be recording all the time How can we stop this 

I've had the exact same problem and called Shaw about it....

tuktuk
Grasshopper

I've had the exact same problem and called Shaw about it.  The rep on the phone tried resetting the modem remotely which, of course, did nothing.  She sent out a technician and he frankly said he could do nothing about it.  He said before he left to come to my place he mentioned to the other techs about my issue and they all told him they have had many complaints about the same thing.  My tech said it is a problem that the IT department needs to address with the way things are listed in the guide and then identified by the system as "New' shows only, except that Shaw doesn't think this is a big enough issue to make it a priority for the IT department.  My recordings pick up shows from previous seasons that record at obscure times during the day and night which do not show as 'New' on the info and also ones which show 'New' because a channel has just started running old seasons. The problem occurs because you cannot set your recording to a specific channel and time slot which would ensure you were only getting the current run of the show.

0 Kudos

What programs do you record that air on that channel?

shaw-valerie

@PeterMac What programs do you record that air on that channel? 

0 Kudos

We had a similar problem, and still do. We called Shaw ab...

Dave_F
Grasshopper

We had a similar problem, and still do. We called Shaw about it and spent several hours working on it with a support person. At the end of it he stated it has to be something we were doing as they had never heard of this problem and would a send a tech out, but didn't think they would be able to do anything. Just a few minutes ago we had to delete 7 repeat recordings of NCIS off of 532. A quick Google search shows that this is a common problem that Shaw somehow in unaware of. Makes me think of moving to Telus.

0 Kudos

This is a problem with the guide database provider, servi...

rstra
Grand Master

This is a problem with the guide database provider, service tech won’t be able to fix it.

TALK TO US
We're here to help