Bluecurve tv connection issues

Davo0705
Grasshopper

Just installed a new rca tv but each time I switch the tv back on it won’t connect to the gateway tv. I restart the tv box, get the ‘welcome’ message for about 10 seconds then a blank screen ‘no signal’?

Labels (1)
21 Replies

it may be a faulty hdmi cable or port, can you try swappi...

shaw-tony

@Davo0705 it may be a faulty hdmi cable or port, can you try swapping in a new one or try a different port to see if you get the same "no signal" issue? Have you tried plugging your Gateway into another TV to see if the same problem comes up?

0 Kudos

Hi, yep tried all that, swapped tv boxes with ones that a...

Davo0705
Grasshopper

Hi, yep tried all that, swapped tv boxes with ones that are working fine upstairs, swapped hdmi cables, changed hdmi ports (the others works fine with our firestick)and nothing works, had a Shaw tech visit and he thinks it s a communication problem between the tv and box but still no fix...

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, tried three HDMI cables tha...

Brandy91
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem, tried three HDMI cables that work for a few hours then stop. I get the welcome screen but then it goes dead. Did you find a fix yet?

0 Kudos

I have been dealing with this for 3 days now, customer se...

Neil0576
Grasshopper

I have been dealing with this for 3 days now, customer service members have no idea what they are talking about! I save all the conversations as proof.i am stuck in a contract with Shaw now paying for a service I don't have! Reset the gateway changed the HDMI cables reset the boxes so many times. The guide shows up but that's all gives me error code when you look them up they don't come up! 

No fix, taking tv back to Walmart today and trying a. Dif...

Davo0705
Grasshopper

No fix, taking tv back to Walmart today and trying a. Different brand, can I ask what brand TV you are using?

0 Kudos

I have a different box (Gateway, not Bluesky), so this ma...

withheld
Grasshopper

I have a different box (Gateway, not Bluesky), so this may not apply - but I found that for my RCA TV,  in the PVR menu under Settings/TV setup, it worked best to select 1080p only (most newer TVs should be able to do this resolution), and turn off the other options (contrary to what the help text seems to indicate).  Otherwise, it would sometimes select another (non-working) resolution and go blank.  On the Bluesky, there may be some other setting/resolution that works best (does it do 4K?)

I have other brands of TV besides RCA, and they don't seem to care as much about this setting.

0 Kudos

Does the HDMI cable connect directly from your cable box...

shaw-valerie

@Brandy91 Does the HDMI cable connect directly from your cable box to your TV, or is it connecting through another device, like a soundbar or receiver? 

0 Kudos

What is the error message what you're receiving?

shaw-valerie

@Neil0576 What is the error message what you're receiving? 

0 Kudos

Hi, no it was direct from box to tv

Davo0705
Grasshopper

Hi, no it was direct from box to tv

0 Kudos