Hi, no error message, just no signal

Davo0705
Grasshopper

Hi, no error message, just no signal

0 Kudos

Did you end up getting this sorted out? If so, what was t...

shaw-valerie

@Davo0705 Did you end up getting this sorted out? If so, what was the solution? 

0 Kudos

I have a fix for you press menu on you’re remote, select...

dianechalifoux
Grasshopper

I have a fix for you press menu on you’re remote, select function menu  the select HDMI EDID select EDID2.0 then power down the shaw TV  Modem

0 Kudos

I returned the tv as it appeared to be a communication is...

Davo0705
Grasshopper

I returned the tv as it appeared to be a communication issue between tv and bluecurve, actually ended up with same rca brand but different model and everything appears to be fine now

0 Kudos

Yeah we did try that ( or the Shaw tech who came out did)...

Davo0705
Grasshopper

Yeah we did try that ( or the Shaw tech who came out did) but no joy, ended up returning the tv and going with another model and it appears to be fine now, sorry it doesn’t help if you can’t return the tv 

0 Kudos

Worst product ever! Never had so many interruptions Not i...

Dsteckly
Grasshopper

Worst product ever! Never had so many interruptions Not impressed with this blue curve. Locked into contract, constant loss of service! Will be switching out this service asap! Worst service ever and pay so much for something that breaks down!!! 

You say loss of service and interruptions. What does that...

CesarF
Grasshopper

You say loss of service and interruptions. What does that mean?  I have just moved to bluecurve tv and I’m finding that when watching tv it sometimes freezes, as if it was paused, then starts again. Other times it seems to lose connection to the bluecurve gateway modem. I’m not sure if it’s a signal thing since I am using WiFi to the bluecurve tv boxes. Can’t use cat5 cabling due to finished basement. 

0 Kudos

-- Can’t use cat5 cabling due to finished basement.  Neve...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CesarF -- Can’t use cat5 cabling due to finished basement. 

Never underestimate the power of a concrete drill-bit to punch a hole from the outside of your house through to a room in your basement. Combine this with coaxial-cables routed on the outside of your house. I have coaxial cables from the Shaw "demarcation box" (outside my house) running up into the attic, crossing the attic, and down the other side of the house, and through a hole into the wall behind my TV.

However, I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat is given priority over telephone) to get a Shaw agent to remotely logon to your Bluecurve, to view its measurements, including "signal-strength". Bad numbers would point at a problem between your BlueCurve (or that "demarc" box) outside to the nearest telephone-pole.  Shaw should schedule a technician to access that "demarc" box, and trouble-shoot.

0 Kudos

I got a new gateway and my tv box won't connect to intern...

Tijana
Grasshopper

I got a new gateway and my tv box won't connect to internet says it can't find the network. So I plugged it in via ethernet and now it works. I am hoping I can get it connected via wifi. 

0 Kudos

With BlueCurve TV wireless boxes, you should be able to s...

shaw-valerie

@Tijana With BlueCurve TV wireless boxes, you should be able to switch back to wifi connection by disconnecting the power and ethernet cable from the box, then plugging the power back in. During the boot up process it should then search for your wifi network to connect. If you're still having trouble getting online, connect with our technical support team here and they'll be able to help you out!

0 Kudos