BlueCurve TV glitches

Ptcheuchter
Grasshopper

Just completed the survey early this evening, and referred to several audio dropouts, on demand and recorded program playback ceasing abruptly and returning to the live program, and freezing momentarily on occasion. These were up to now fairly infrequent, but post survey this evening has been particularly bad. The remotes became totally unresponsive on many occasions. We do not have picture problems, but these annoying interferences are really starting to make me question the wisdom of my decision to upgrade.

There are many excellent features to BlueCurve, however the failure to warn of the loss of many prior accumulated recordings in upgrading, and the constant irritants above mentioned make it much easier to contemplate examining the competition.

Can you assure me these glitches will be rectified very shortly?

Labels (1)
2 Replies

Our teams are currently investigating issues with some ch...

shaw-valerie

@Ptcheuchter Our teams are currently investigating issues with some channels experiencing freezing and audio drops, tracked under INC0655355. Get in touch with our technical support team here if you are still seeing this to submit examples. They will need to run some diagnostics on your equipment, and these would need to be live examples, rather than days after you have experienced the issue. 

0 Kudos

After a couple weeks of experiencing similar glitches on...

rickatk
Master

After a couple weeks of experiencing similar glitches on my BlueCurve TV system with 4 Xi6 wireless boxes, everything seems to be settling down nicely, thanks to the tech support and retail agents at Shaw who advised:

1. Replace one defective box, the new one is running properly;

2. Reconfigured the Gateway back to Dual Band;

3. Add 3 pods into the mix for better consistent reception;

I haven’t experienced any freezes or hang ups over the past few days. Picture quality is good. The pod equipped mesh system is still optimizing itself. I can see that by checking in on the BlueCurve app. I notice my various devices connecting with either the pods or the Gateway at different times. I also have been running speed tests on my Gateway and smart tv which are showing goo results. All in all I am feeling more confident in the system and enjoy the convenience of the wireless tv players and cloud PVR.

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help