BlueCurve TV - image flickers at startup

Garth13
Grasshopper

We have Shaw BlueCurve in our house.  On one of the TV's, the image flickers for the first couple of minutes and then works fine.  I think the problem is getting worse as it used to "go away" when we went to guide or changed channels or turned it off/on with the remote.  We've tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in but it didn't help.  The box was installed in Jan 2020 and the issue has popped up in the last 2-4 weeks.

Anybody else have this issue?

Labels (1)
6 Replies

-- how many TVs and how many BlueCurve WiFi pods do you h...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Garth13 -- how many TVs and how many BlueCurve WiFi pods do you have in your home?

Can you swap the "bad" TV for a "good" TV (from a different room), to see if the problem "follows" the TV, or if the problem stays in the same room, implying that the problem is within the Pod?

I am a new BlueCurve customer.  I too have this problem....

MariC
Grasshopper

I am a new BlueCurve customer.  I too have this problem.  Upon starting, the picture flashes on and off (for 1 min this am) before the picture remains on.  I have tried to access the guide while it's doing it but that doesn't work.

Don't know if there is a solution. I find it annoying.

0 Kudos

Try adjusting the resolution on the BlueCurve box.  htt...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Today it did it for 4 minutes be...

MariC
Grasshopper

I have the same problem. Today it did it for 4 minutes before I finally turned it off. Back on and it did it another minute before it was finally on.  This is really annoying.

0 Kudos

-- what happened when you did what  suggested, on March 2...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MariC -- what happened when you did what @rstra suggested, on March 29 ?

0 Kudos

It doesn't happen every time so I have to wait and see. S...

MariC
Grasshopper

It doesn't happen every time so I have to wait and see. So far I have changed it to 3 different resolution settings.  I'm not sure what I'm losing if I set a 4k TV down to the lowest resolution . . .

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help