BlueSky audio out

bmckay001
Grasshopper

My Onkyo receiver support all audio formats up to Atmos. I'm running it through HDMI but yet the only option I have on the portal is PCM Stereo (Including expert mode) so everything sounds like, well 2 channel stereo. Every other component I have (including my old Shaw gateway) supports the proper audio formats. My TV upstairs, which has just stereo speakers and is hooked up to the BlueSky box allows me to choose Expert Dolby Digital. Is this a limitation of the Portal or just BlueSky in general. Rather annoying and not much of a so called upgrade.

Labels (2)
9 Replies

Re: BlueSky audio out

shaw-tony

Hey bmckay001,

The expert audio mode on BlueSky TV should be able to provide Dolby Digital surround sound to your system. It may be a limitation as some audio system may not be supported. From what I am aware, it should be working as expected. I haven't heard of any reports of issues. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bmckay001
Grasshopper

Well Tony, I'm quite aware that "it should be working as expected" however its not. The BlueSky portal will only output PCM Stereo (2 channel) to the receiver. Not sure how it can not be "supported" when the old Whole House PVR worked fine and output a PCM 5.1 signal to the receiver.

Next troubleshooting steps please?

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi bmckay001 

We looked into the settings and it appears that the "Expert mode" option only works with some receivers, so that may be the issue here. Have you tried using the receiver with the main BlueSky box to test to see if it works with that? 

0 Kudos

bmckay001
Grasshopper

Thanks Tamara, is it possible to just unplug/move the portal/main without having to re-active or call support?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

it is recommended to contact our customer support to schedule a service technician to move the main unit + portal. The technician can ensure the wiring is set up correctly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

bmckay001
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony but its two cables; power and HDMI. Anyway, back to my question... is it possible to just unplug/move the portal/main without having to re-active or call support?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

bmckay001, yes this is possible. The first generation of BlueSky TV equipment will have coaxial connections.

bmckay001
Grasshopper

Thank you, I'll try that

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I will recommend toggling your audio settings here to see if the sound will resync or reboot the system if you have not done so. Alternatively, you can swap out the HDMI cord to see if that helps. If the issues continue to persist, your best bet is to touch base with technical support for further assistance. TellPopeyes Survey

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help