bluesky not recording CBC properly

robertneil
Grasshopper

CBC records but does not let me fast forward if I tray to go backwards it takes to the last channel instead

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: bluesky not recording CBC properly

shaw-tony

Hey robertneil,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of playback issues on BlueSky TV with the CBC channel. I gave it a test on our BlueSky TV unit here and was not able to reproduce the issue you experienced. Did you only recently notice this and are you seeing this issue with any other channels or programs on CBC? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I'd recommend resetting the main BlueSky TV unit with the steps here to see if that helps.

Keep me posted,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

robertneil
Grasshopper

I was having this issue since getting BlueSky and had tech come and change out the main box. The only channel I have noticed it happening with is CBC I like to watch cnn and cbc news switching back and forth and since buffering on BlueSky does not work like gateway I have to record the channels in order to do this. Sure miss my gateway system.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

ah yes, the buffering on BlueSky TV is different from the Gateway system. My suggestion to enjoy both channels is to set a recording on them during the times you are watching so you don't miss a thing. I appreciate your feedback regarding the systems.

0 Kudos

robertneil
Grasshopper

If you had read the above message you would notice that I said that I was recording the channels and that is when the recording of CBC does not work I usually get a message said blusky can not complete my request and do I want to record the show. Well it is already recorded and it will not scroll

0 Kudos

tracyh
Grasshopper

I have a similar problem and only with playback of CBC Network recordings. I can fast forward at 2x but when increasing to 3x or more it spasmodically jumps forward and/or crashes.  Trying to rewind also crashes, wherein the playback is closed and an error message pops up asking if I want to record the next occurrence of the program. This has been going on for well over a week now and only on CBC Network. Please advise.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

tracyh and robertneil, thank you for the details. At this point, I'd recommend touching base with our technical support team members so they are able to take a further look or submit your details to our video engineers to investigate. I have run several tests here and was not able to reproduce the issue.

0 Kudos

sportsmom13
Grasshopper

We have been having the same issue with CBC for almost 2 months now.  Ours does it when watching CBC live, and rewinding it causes error XRE03056 and jumps to last channel watched.  A tech came out and swapped out the BlueSky box.  It seemed to work for a couple hours but then the power went out due to the windstorm.  When power came back on the problem was still there.  Took two weeks to get another tech out, and he was able to reproduce the issue.  He checked with the office and they also were able to duplicate the same problem. So they figure it's an issue with CBC.  Later that day, Shaw support called about the problem and they reset the box to see if that helped.  They said they would call back shortly to let us know if they have figured it out.  Well, it has now been 10 days later, still have the same problem and Shaw has not called us back.  Really getting tired of this and are now considering switching to Telus. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi sportsmom13 

Thanks for the additional info. We apologize for the troubles with this.  XRE-03056 is basically a general tuning error. Usually you can make it go away by changing the channel and then switching back, but in your case it sounds like there is something else going on. Based on the info you have provided, it sounds like a ticket has been cut to investigate this further. Unfortunately that can take a bit of time, but hopefully you should be hearing back soon.

0 Kudos

sportsmom13
Grasshopper

Did the online support chat yesterday for at least an hour and the tech rebooted the Blue Sky box and mini boxes and re-synced and a bunch of other stuff with the software program.  The tech was not able to fix the problem.  Now they are saying it's an issue with Comcast where the signal originates and the issue is being escalated to "higher end team".   If that is the case, then there should be a lot more people affected by it and we would have a solution by now.  It's been too long without a resolution to the problem.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help