We are having the same problem it has been going on for m...

Fedup
Grasshopper

We are having the same problem it has been going on for months.  I have rebooted the box, refreshed the box and it still continues to happen. Our box also will stop working completely.

I have called Shaw and they say they are aware of the problem and working on the issue but can not tell me when this will be fix.  

I think if they can not fix this issues we should not be held to our contract and be able to go to another tv provider. 

It's Sept 28th 2019 and 3x this past week, shaw has delet...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

It's Sept 28th 2019 and 3x this past week, shaw has deleted almost ALL of my recordings.
3 days ago it was about 1/3, yesterday it was about another 1/3, and today it deleted 3/4 of the few that were left.
I am sooo ticked off right now bcuz I work all the time, thus why I record everything! This way I can watch a few shows a night during the wee hours of the morning...
And now when I try to get these shows back, in the ALL -  it says there are No Episodes Available at this time, and in the FREE - it says there are No Free or Purchased Episodes at this time, and in the Upcoming - it only shows the Upcoming episodes to watch or record, so I can't even get the shows that Shaw Deleted bcuz they're no longer there!

Plus, the last few weeks, I've noticed Shaw's system to be really Lagging! Especially when Rewinding or Skipping Forward, and that too is starting to tick me off!

Also, this New Way  of checking for things, like Episodes, has made US as Users, have to go thru sooo many More Steps than we had to go thru previously, and Prior to their stupid Upgrade a few months ago..

Shaw just doesn't seem to know when to leave well enough alone, and if it isn't broke, don't try to fix it!!!

But back to Deleting almost all of my Recorded Programs thing, if Shaw does this 1 more time, I'm seriously going to Switch to Telus or Bell, bcuz I've had nothing but Problems time and time again with Shaw, and it's like they Don't actually Know how to really Fix any of the issues, they only try this, or they try that, and it's just to Mickey Mouse the problem, yet it doesn't Fix it forever!!

** I've Rebooted and/or Restarted the system. I've had Shaw do the same on their end, yet nothing is Stopping my shows from Deleting, nor is it Stopping the Lagging! **

You'd think with ALL of these posts here of people having the SAME issue with Shaw DELETING OUR RECORDED PROGRAMS, that Shaw would STOP with the Apology Replies and actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, like FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

I have nothing new to add, but am also experiencing this...

acstew
Grasshopper

I have nothing new to add, but am also experiencing this issue. Seems frequent that 2/3 of all recordings are deleted at random. I contacted Shaw Support just out of curiosity to confirm it was this issue. No troubleshooting steps taken, just a "shrug" and a sorry.

Most frustrating is that you have to contact Shaw in this regard to get the response that it is a known issue. Why not have some proactive approach and let customers know it's an issue and that it is being worked on? 

Is there any expected ETA to resolving this? Or perhaps should we trade in this faulty hardware for something that works?

> I have also noticed that random shows will record witho...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have also noticed that random shows will record without setting them to record. 

It does happen that the TV channels change what they broadcast in a time-slot, without telling Shaw to update their Guide.

So, if you have set a recording for a specific program on a specific channel at a specific time, your PVR will record whatever the TV station "randomly" broadcasts at that time-slot -- not your intended program.

Also, if you scroll-through your schedule of intended recordings, up to 2 weeks "ahead", you may see planned recordings of a specific TV program; But, as that date approaches, the Guide will be updated to indicate that the time-slot is a "repeat" showing, and the program will not be recorded, if you selected to record only "new" episodes.

0 Kudos

OMFG, SHAW JUST DID IT TO ME AGAIN THRU THE NIGHT OR THIS...

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

OMFG, SHAW JUST DID IT TO ME AGAIN THRU THE NIGHT OR THIS MORNING!
I'M SO TICKED OFF BCUZ THIS IS THE 4TH TIME THIS PAST WEEK.
LASTNIGHT I WAS AT 29% AND NOW I'M AT 4%...
AND THE FEW NEW SHOWS THAT SHAW DELETED WERE ONLY A DAY OR 2 OLD.

AND WHAT SUCKS IS, SOME SHOWS I CAN'T GET THE EPISODE I WANT NOW BCUZ THEY'RE  NOT IN THE "ALL" NOT IN THE "FREE" AND NOT IN THE "UPCOMING"!!!

MOST WERE THE 1ST EPISODES OF THE NEW SEASONS... ARGHHH IT'S MADDENING!

THIS DELETING OF MY RECORDED SHOWS  HAS BECOME A DAILY RITUAL WITH SHAW AND I'VE HAD IT WITH THEM.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

TIME TO SWITCH TO A PROVIDER WHO DOESN'T DELETE PEOPLE'S RECORDINGS AND WHO ACTUALLY LET'S YOU KEEP YOUR RECORDINGS FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT!

SHAW HAS GONE SUPER DOWNHILL THIS PAST COUPLE OF YEARS WITH ALWAYS FIXING THINGS THAT AREN'T BROKE, AND MAKING THINGS FAR WORSE AND MORE TIME CONSUMING WITH  HAVING TO DO EXTRA STEPS NOW WHEN CHECKING FOR EPISODES OR OTHER TIMES ETC!! 

IT WAS MUCH BETTER AND EASIER AND LESS TIME CONSUMING PRIOR TO SHAW'S BIG UPGRADE A FEW MONTHS AGO!

I'M GOING TO CALL AND COMPLAIN NOW BCUZ I'M FED UP WITH  TURNING MY TV ON TO WATCH A RECORDED SHOW, ONLY TO SEE THERE'S NOTHING THERE!!

THANKS ALOT SHAW FOR THE FRUSTRATION YOU JUST CAUSED AND FOR UPSETTING MY GRANDBABES BY DELETING ALL OF THEIR MOVIES!!

YOU'RE BECOMING AN ABSOLUTE PATHETIC TV PROVIDER NOW. IF YOUR PARENTS WERE AROUND TO SEE THIS, I DON'T THINK THEY'D BE HAPPY ABOUT HOW YOU'RE RUNNING THE COMPANY AND FORCING THEIR LONG TIME CLIENTS TO GO ELSEWHERE!!

I have had the same problem, I eventually got the main bo...

Skeardy
Grasshopper

I have had the same problem, see earlier post in this thread, since May or June. I eventually got the main box swapped out with the newer 4K version. So far no problems, but time will tell as it usually was a couple weeks before problem recurred after doing the reset procedure.

Vanished Recordings

SpencerAsh
Grasshopper

This seems to be  common theme with BlueSky and Shaw is ignoring it.  

First happened to us early in the year.  After multiple phone calls, Shaw agreed to send a technician.  He could not seem to find anything wrong but decided to put in a new central box anyways (which I appreciated).  He did this on June 3rd.  New right out of the box.  A lot nicer and slimmer than the original and it seemed to be fine.

Then, last night (Oct 3rd), same issue.  Everything deleted saying we had no recordings when only 45 minutes earlier all recordings and schedules were there.  I am dreading having to wait on hold with Shaw for hours to get this one resolved. . . . 

To top off my issues, when Shaw replaced the original box in June the technician that came to our house never updated in the system that he kept the box.  So Shaw added the "unreturned" box to my bill and started charging me late fees because I wasn't willing to pay for the box they kept.  I am looking into changing cable providers cause this hassle is not worth it.  

0 Kudos

my Recordings have gone missing yet again. This after bei...

Skeardy
Grasshopper

my Recordings have gone missing yet again. This after being switched over to the newest equipment, the 4K box. 

not impressed. 

0 Kudos

This has happened to me constantly over the past year or...

Paul15
Grasshopper

This has happened to me constantly over the past year or so. I’ve lost countless recordings and complained multiple times to Shaw. They need to offer something other then free movie credits to customers who are paying for a service that doesn’t work. What a terrible showing by Shaw. 

0 Kudos

Just subscribed to the BlueCurve TV service in mid-August...

mi6_
Grasshopper

Just subscribed to the BlueCurve TV service in mid-August 2019. Got one of the new wireless 4K boxes (model Xi6). Unfortunately had lots of issues with the WiFi connection with my TV being in the basement and our modem on our main floor. Anytime someone was on WiFi the TV picture would buffer (low quality) and the picture would stutter. Totally unwatchable TV. Shaw offered to send me one of the older boxes which still connect via a coaxial cable for the TV picture to avoid using WiFi.

I got the older XG1v4 box and activated it this morning. Unfortunately it decided to randomly delete 18 episodes of a TV series I had recorded. Shaw spent an hour trying to force them to appear on either my cloud PVR or FreeRange TV app (they never re-appeared). Shaw says they can see the missing episodes on their end, but I can’t access them. They said this is a known issue and they are working on it but have no predicted date for when a fix may be available.

Pretty frustrating we’re having these issues considering how much we pay for BlueCurve.... Hope Shaw sorts this out ASAP. Looks like the cloud disappeared....lol.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help