Why would it delete recordings a year old if you have ple...

Zokamba
Grasshopper

Why would it delete recordings a year old if you have plenty of space left?    That's a pretty crappy policy.. we should be able to turn this on or off in the settings, what if there is something you want to watch over and over?   I have a couple movies and shows I watch over, granted they are not a year old yet as I only got bluecurve this year, but as I usually keep my recording space under 25%, I don't know why you would delete anything.

0 Kudos

Recordings have a 12 month expiry period due to licensing...

shaw-valerie

@Zokamba Recordings have a 12 month expiry period due to licensing restrictions. This feature is intended to allow you to watch a program after its original airing at a time which is more convenient for you, and 12 months should give you more than ample time to view the programs. 

0 Kudos

We too just lost some of our recordings, some were only 6...

Nanaboivin
Grasshopper

We too just lost some of our recordings, some were only 6 weeks old, but something my husband watched often, and very disappointed it is gone.  Other recording gone were possibly at least a year old.  I think it's stupid that programs are automatically deleted when there is still ample room on our PVR. it should be the customers choice of what stays and what goes.  Hopefully this is not an ongoing issue with Shaw BlueCurve

I don’t even bother to report this to shaw anymore. It’s...

Skeardy
Grasshopper

I don’t even bother to report this to shaw anymore. It’s pointless. They don’t know what is wrong or how to fix it. I have stuff randomly disappearing all the time and things that disappeared 6  months ago sometimes reappearing out of nowhere. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Just an update. Still occurs. Thinking about leaving shaw...

Skeardy
Grasshopper

Just an update. Still occurs. Thinking about leaving shaw altogether. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help