Bought Hisense Roku tv. Want to use existing Shaw remote and pvr. Not interested in Roku functiions

shawbob0
Grasshopper

Bought new tv as christmas present for wife. She's not interested in smart functions etc, just

wants to emulate current environment using a modern tv. This is all new to me.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hook up your Shaw tuner to one of the HDMI ports. Synce t...

rickatk
Master

Hook up your Shaw tuner to one of the HDMI ports. Synce the remote to your new TV toggle the inputs to the one the cable box is connected to. Ignore the Smart TV icons.

0 Kudos

-- synce the remote to your new TV  I think that  meant t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shawbob0 -- synce the remote to your new TV 

I think that @rickatk meant to write "sync" ("synchronize") rather than a bad spelling of "since".

Do you have the BlueCurve PVR, or any of the older PVRs?  If so, there could be instructions on the back of your remote-control on how to use the remote to do the "sync" operation.  Once done, your remote-control will send "power-on/off" and "volume-up/down" and "mute" and "input-source" key-presses directly to the HISENSE -- all the other key-presses are processed by the PVR.

0 Kudos

Yes I misspelled sync. Apologies for that. You can look u...

rickatk
Master

Yes I misspelled sync. Apologies for that.

You can look up your remote online and find the manual to assist with reprogramming your remote.

0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the responses. Since the 32" Hisense Roku...

shawbob0
Grasshopper

Thanks guys for the responses. Since the 32" Hisense Roku tv is to be a Xmas surprise, I can only do

legwork for now.  Her pvr is an old Motorola 6416 that is being dropped by Shaw in April.

I'll be putting this project on hold until the new year but i'm sure to have questions once i''m more familiar

with it. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas

0 Kudos

-- Her pvr is an old Motorola 6416 that is being dropped...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@shawbob0 -- Her pvr is an old Motorola 6416 that is being dropped by Shaw in April [2022]

Encourage her to watch all her recordings on that device before that "sunset" date. There is no way to retain/migrate them.

I suppose that you can get another Shaw remote-control, and configure it, today, to be compatible with the Hisense TV. Then, give that remote-control to her, on the appointed date. Then, "pull a rabbit out of your hat", and present the new TV that will be a companion to the remote-control.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help