Can I run BlueCurve TV in parallel with my Gateway/Portal?

bernardf
Grasshopper

I am thinking of switching to BlueCurve TV, but I don't want to lose my old recordings.

I recall when I switched from the old DCX3400-M to the Gateway/Portal, the Shaw technician was able to hook them both up, so I could do all new recordings in the new system while still being able to watch the old recordings with the DCX3400-M.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do the same with BlueCurve? This is the only thing holding me back, and the Shaw sales people who keep calling to sell me BlueCurve and the new Fibre Internet have no idea.

Thanks,

Bernard

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hi  , no you are out of luck, well sorta.  The only way t...

g-idk
Master

Hi @bernardf , no you are out of luck, well sorta.  The only way that Shaw will let you keep your old system is for you to have 2 accounts active, one for the Blue Curve system and another for keeping the old tv service active.  Shaw will not allow the 2 systems to operate together like with the old style pvr's could.  This I think would be an expensive way just to keep watching your previous recordings.  Either way eventually Shaw/Rogers is going to be decommissioning all the older systems in favour of the new Blue Curve system with cloud pvr. and you will lose all your recordings, when the switch over happens.  It has already started happening in select area's.  It sucks but there it is,  I guess it would be the same as if your pvr. hard drive broke down, everything is lost.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help