Jump to solution

cancel my Shaw direct

BigDan
Grasshopper

august 8th 2019 , around  7hpm 

tried in every way to cancel my shaw direct ,,,,pass true the chat box mm the operator said coul not help me on cancleling , told me to call   I did  ,would you believe  after 1h55 minutes waiting on the line , I dint get in touch with no human...I quit ....

for now I took a 180 days leave ,,,,will try later on by registerd letter to join these 

Cant believe in 2019 , that I had to wai almost two hours before I quit the line ,,,,,,every 3 minutes " please be patient an operator is about to answer you " totally rdiculous .no repsect ! 

I tought of getting back after our leave , but now that they made me live this ,no way !

HOw can I get out of there ?<

thanks 

*Mod removed personal information*

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Hi there, you need to contact Shaw direct directly at the...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Hi there,

you need to contact Shaw direct directly at the following website https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/contact-us/

or by calling ‭1 (888) 554-7827‬ 

this forum is for Shaw cable inquiries. 

Thanks 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jump to solution

Hi there, you need to contact Shaw direct directly at the...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Hi there,

you need to contact Shaw direct directly at the following website https://www.shawdirect.ca/english/contact-us/

or by calling ‭1 (888) 554-7827‬ 

this forum is for Shaw cable inquiries. 

Thanks 

Jump to solution

don't pay their bills and they might get the message.  Sh...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

don't pay their bills and they might get the message.  Shaw direct are losing subs every quarter.  

Jump to solution

May 4,2022. I have been trying to contact Shaw direct for...

johnnie52
Grasshopper

May 4,2022.

I have been trying to contact Shaw direct for the last 4 days.

Logging into my account the Chat button does not work at all. The phone

number states " higher than usual call volume" therefore go online to Chat

which does not work. (Catch 22).  Impossible to contact them.

The service is totally disfunctional. I have decided to cancel entirely and will

stop all payments to Shaw. Perhaps that will get them to get in touch with

me so I can cancel the service properly!

(1) They are not serving the phone line and refer you to the online chat

(2) the online chat does not work

(3) goto one above

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks for contacting us. For further assistance with you...

shaw-daniel

@johnnie52 Thanks for contacting us. For further assistance with your satellite TV account and service, please reach out to Shaw Direct's live chat support or call their customer support number at 1-888-554-7827.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

--   I have decided to cancel entirely and will stop all...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@johnnie52 --   I have decided to cancel entirely and will stop all payments to Shaw.

If you signed a two-year Value Plan, you agreed to pay a cancellation fee, for each month remaining in the two-year contract, and you agreed to make the monthly payments.  Not making payments will cause Shaw to send your account to a Collection Agency, and may hurt your Credit Rating.

But, contact Telus. Several times, they have offered to "buy me out", giving me $20/month in "Telus Credit" for each remaining month, if I switch to Telus.  At Telus, you will get a "promotional" rate for a year or two. Nice!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

They will not answer the phone and chat does not work, it...

Jetboy47
Grasshopper

They will not answer the phone and chat does not work, it gets an error message. I waited over 90 minutes, no answer. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

OI would never advise anyone to deal with Shaw,they are a...

Danbell
Grasshopper

OI would never advise anyone to deal with Shaw,they are a terrible company!  I have tried now for four months to cancel my service as I sold the house, no luck. 
I have told several would be clients and they have gone with other service providers, I suggest others never give Shaw a chance, they will drive you crazy

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- nice rant. I suggest others never give Shaw a chance,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Danbell -- nice rant.

I suggest others never give Shaw a chance, they will drive you crazy.

Just wait until your Shaw account is transferred to Rogers, now that Rogers is taking-over Shaw Communications.  

P.S. Shaw is not accepting new account subscriptions; any "new" customer will be referred to talk to Rogers, as part of the "transition" from Shaw to Rogers.

I have tried now for four months to cancel my service as I sold the house, no luck. 

Strange.  One telephone-call to Shaw [1-888-472-2222] should be enough to cancel. What response(s) did you get when you talked to Shaw, either on the telephone, or in person at one of their store-fronts ?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help